chapter 33: i think the boys are yours

20th October 1993

"billy you know i'll always love michael... but are you really trying to say i'm fucking my ex?" i questioned him with a slight laugh.

"it wouldn't surprise me. he's always around us! he's like a bad smell!" billy rolled his eyes
i raised my brow at him "are you being serious?? he's the father to my little girl. he needs me and anastasia.. he's going through the toughest time of his life at the moment."

"i don't care." billy shrugged "he needs to move on from you." he looked me in the eye.

"you've been so different lately." i frown at him.
he sighed and looked away from me.
"tell me.. i can handle it." i tell him.

"i.." he breathed out shakily making me feel sick. what is going on?
"i've cheated on you." he says and turns to look at me. i almost laugh. "what??" i asked him.
"i've cheated." he said again, a bit louder.

"who?" tears came to my eyes. i tried to hide them but there was no way.
"marnie i-"

"WHO?!" i screamed making him jump slightly "just this girl i met in a bar."

i breathed heavily and stumbled back "marnie i'm so sorry." he tried to reach out to me but i moved away quickly.
"if you were sorry you wouldn't have cheated." i cry softly "we are literally building a family, with our baby, and you cheat?"

"we can move past this.. we can fix this." he pleads with me and i shook my head moving backwards "how? there's no way i could ever forgive you right now!" i snap at him.

"you forgave michael!!! you married him and had a child with him after you found out he lied to you and was fucking diana ross at the same time he was giving it to you!" he shouted making me jump.
"so what is so different hmm?" he moved closer to me "what's so different between michael and i?" he asked.

michael's pov:
"shhh, go straight upstairs." i tell anastasia who walked up the stairs carefully.
i slowly walk to the kitchen and listen to the conversation.
"you forgave michael!!! you married him and had a child with him after you found out he lied to you and was ducking diana ross at the same time he was giving it to you!" billy shouted at normani. i frowned leaning up against the wall beside the door that was cracked open. i could see both normani and billy.
marnie was crying. tears were streaming down her face.
my heart ached for her. what has he done to her???

"that's because i love michael." i heard normani say which made my stomach turn as she said that. i smiled softly.

i heard billy laugh and i saw him shake his head.

"he doesn't love you! not like i do!" billy shouted
"you're so fucking stupid! do you really think HE loves YOU?" he got closer to her, i swung open the door and walked in.
"hey, get away from her man." i say seeing her cry hard "what is wrong with you??" i asked as i went straight to marnie.

i lifted her head up so she could look at me "are you okay? what's happened?" i asked softly

she huffed, sighed, and sobbed "he- he cheated michael." she sobs and falls into my arms. i sigh and catch her holding her tight. i shake my head as i softly caress her head.
"billy i think you should leave -" i say softly

"you can't tell me what to do." billy laughed softly.

"billy please, my daughter is upstairs, i don't want her hearing all of this. and normani needs to calm down." i look at billy as i hold normani tight.
billy almost growled as he pushed glasses off of the counter top and stormed out. the glasses smashed on the floor making normani jump in my arms.
she groaned and almost collapsed to the floor making me grab her quickly so she didn't fall.

"woahh, what's up?" i pick her up
"michael... my waters have broke." she said loudly as she "it's coming"
she sat herself on the chair beside the kitchen table.
i breathed and quickly went to the phone on the wall "bill- normani's waters have broke. come get us now!" i snap down the phone and end the call.

i jog to the stairs and call out for anastasia "anna, baby, come downstairs!!"

"do you need anything??" i walked into the kitchen and get a sweeping pan and brush to pick up the glass before any of us trample on it.

she breathed heavily holding her stomach. she shook her head and continued her breathing exercises.

bill soon arrived and he rushed us to the hospital, he told us he rang them on the way here so they can prepare a room for normani.

"what is happening?? mummy are you ok?" anastasia asked her mom.
"the baby is coming." i whisper in her ear.
her eyes widened excitedly. she bent forward and stroked her mother's stomach making my heart burst.
i wish this baby was mine. i really do.

once we get to the hospital we was taken around the back and rushed to the top floor of the hospital where no one else was.
she laid in her bed panting like a dog. i giggle at the sight.
"shut up!" she snapped at me.

anastasia was sat outside the room being entertained by bill, while i was in here with normani. normani asked for the hospital to get in touch with billy. there was no answer from him.
i promised normani i'd stay here with her.

"it's coming." marnie cried as she grabbed onto my hand tight. i winced at the feeling but gave her hand a gentle squeeze back to let her know i'm here for her.

after a hour of panting, moaning and groaning, the baby had arrived.

"congratulations mrs jackson, it's a boy." the nurse wrapped up the little boy. normani cried softly as she pressed her head shading the pillows behind her, sighing.
the nurse handed her the baby boy. i gave her hand one lash squeeze as i smiled seeing the baby in her hands.
i left the room and told anastasia and bill the news. that the baby was just born and it was a boy.

"i have a brother?" anastasia's eyes lit up
"you do.. you're not disappointed are you? i know you've always wanted a sister." i rub her head.
she shook her head and smiled "no.. i get to boss him around."

i giggled at her silliness. "don't be mean to your baby brother." i say to her playfully making her giggle

"AAAAHHHHHH SHIT!!!" i heard normani scream making my eyes widen
"stay with bill okay." i tell anna and run back into the room.

one of the nurses was placing the baby boy into the cot while another nurse was wrapping up another baby.

"congratulations mrs jackson... you've got another baby boy." the nurse said.
i was gobsmacked.
but i smiled bearing the nurse call her mrs jackson. we never got a divorce. we always said we never needed to unless one of us wanted to marry someone else.

"marnie??" i giggled softly walking over to her "twins?? since when?" i asked her sitting beside her.
"since i've known i've been pregnant." she laughed

"how come you said nothing?" i asked her.

"i wanted it to be a surprise. it was a surprise. i can't believe they're here a month early!" she giggled softly. i get a cold damp towel and dab her forehead for her.

"michael... i looked into the first little boy's eyes. i think they're yours." she says.

"what?" i asked, laughing slightly.

"i think the boys are yours, michael."