chapter eighteen: fifteen in my stilettos

31st August 1984 ~ London, U.K. Neveah's pov

shelly touched up my makeup and made me look fresh, like i hadn't just been crying.
michael and i are walking hand in hand down the red carpet greeting different interviewers and photographers.

"here's the worlds favourite couple!! how is engaged life??" a man asked.
michael and i giggled "it's really good.. thank you!" i nodded gratefully. "who asked who? was it the traditional way??" the man asked us.
michael nodded and leant forward into the microphone the man was holding out in front of us "very much so." michael grinned beautifully and stroked my hand with his thumb.
"how did you do it??" the man smiled
"oh you know," michael softly spoke as he shrugged smiling shyly "flowers and petals everywhere, chocolates, food, wine, lights, candles and everything else you could imagine! after a bit i just got too nervous and agitated and i HAD to ask her so i came out with it.." michael chuckled making me laugh and nod, agreeing with him.

"how romantic.." the guy smiled softly.
"neveah did you know your biggest fan is here tonight??" the man asked me, i laughed softly, feeling confused. my biggest fan?? "oh yeah?" i asked the interviewer "who would that be?"
"george michael" the interviewer said immediately
"GEORGE MICHAEL?! what?!" i yelped and look around trying to find him making michael and the interviewer laugh
"don't play with me like that, i LOVE love love george!" i told the interviewer
"no." he said "he's really here. i talked to him earlier, he said he's really excited to see the movie during the screening of it later. he said he hopes he can catch you tonight."

"he did??" i breathed out "oh my gosh" i covered my mouth with my other hand.

"he said he'd love to do a song or two with you in the future." the interviewer smiled at my reaction.
"oh please don't do this to me." i shook my head "do you know how much i love that man?? no? well it's a lot." i said quickly.
"why don't you tell him yourself??" the interviewer glanced behind me then looked at me.
i felt a presence behind me, then i heard a chuckle. i turn around letting go of michael's hand. my eyes landed on george.
my heart started beating fast. "oh my god... hi!" that's the only thing i could say. we brought each other into a hug and he greeted me.
"i'm a huge fan of you." he said in my ear "don't because i completely worship you." i laughed when i told him that. he laughed also and pulled back from the hug.

"michael," george nodded and leant forward to shake michael's hand "nice to see you again." he smiled.
"you too, george!" michael nodded. i snapped my head towards michael "you HAVE MET george michael and DID NOT think to TELL me?!" i laughed loudly at my fiancé
"it slipped my mind" michael shrugged giggling. i scoffed and slapped his chest jokingly.

"it's true what the interviewer said, i really want us to write one day!" george spoke up.
"oh my god yes please." i nodded like a fan girl "that's amazing!" he smiled back at me. "well it's been really lovely to meet you, i have to head inside now" he pointed to his security who's trying to usher him along "but i'll contact you.. yeah?" he nodded at me.
"oh yes," i nodded at george "of course, i hope you enjoy the film!"

"i'm sure i will, i've heard such great things!"

i smiled at george and thanked him watching him walk off "wow." i breathed out as michael and i walked the opposite direction
"you gushing over the WHAM! star??" michael joked looking down at me. i nodded "possibly... he's gorgeous." i breathed out. "you see his pearly white teeth and amazing hair??" i asked stupidly. i looked up at michael who looked at me blankly.
"he's not as good looking as you, chill, that's why i'm engaged to you and not him"

"do i have something to be worried about??" michael asked as we walked down the red carpet.
i scoffed as we walked together "behave michael, i LOVE you michael. i really do. i can't wait for our future"

"michael! neveah!!" i heard a woman shout. i turn my head and see another interviewer

"hi i'm samantha, a interviewer and journalist for The Guardian." she shook our hands "nice to meet you." michael and i said in sync.
"so, have you always wanted to be a actress?" she asked me straight away.
"to be honest," i spoke up "i've always wanted to be a superstar, i've always wanted to in movies, create the art and release my music." i told her honestly
"there's a song in there somewhere" michael immediately joked making me laugh out loud.
"so you've always wanted this lifestyle??"
"yes.." in nodded "i've always wanted to be on magazines and on tv's, that's ever since i was a little girl. those was all the things i wanted to do when i was little."

"and you always wanted to be a performer?" she asked me. "oh yes, definitely." i nodded "i think the jacksons influenced that on me though." i chuckled making michael shyly laugh and look down. "but it didn't get serious until i was like fifteen. i was fifteen in my stilettos learning how to dance with them on, i've aced that now" i grinned making her laugh

"was there any set backs for you on your journey?" she asked me.
i made a face thinking about it "well.. when i was little, people used to tell me i was silly... obviously until i popped up on the tv" i told her making her laugh and she agreed with me "i bet they regret calling you silly now?"

"i can confirm that they do, who is the one having number ones and awards given.. being in an amazing movie?? her. not them." michael jumped in making me chuckle shyly.

after a few more questions from samantha we met ralph and william outside the cinema then we headed in with other celebrities, the cast and crew to watch the movie with a large number of selected fans and media outlets to see the movie first hand and give their reviews.
when the movie was finished michael and i was rushed to the airport to jump on a plane to america.

"you know in that last interview? that one with samantha?" michael randomly asked me on the plane as we was in the air looking out over the nights sky.
"yeah?" i asked him looking at him
"you said some really... controversial things, stuff that would sound really good in a song. you know, how you've always wanted to be famous, people told you you were silly growing up, you've always wanted to be on tv, in magazines. etc. i think you should just write some of those things that you said down on a note book. it'd make a really good song" he complimented me

"yeah... i will do." i nodded at his confession. i grabbed a notebook from my travel bag and jotted down everything i remember about what i said in that interview with samantha. it was just a rough jotting down of a few possible lyrics. no where near finished or even put together. but in the next few days or weeks i'll have it all finished, and if i like it, it'll go towards my NEXT album.