chapter two: got the job

March 1983

"welcome to the team, Neveah" my new boss shook my hand. "thank you SO much for this! you won't regret it." i shook my head smiling. "i know i won't." he smiled.

"our young lead male, Ralph, is looking forward to meeting you." my boss, Robert said, he is the one who wrote the Karate Kid screenplay. "i look forward to meeting him too!" i smiled.
"filming doesn't begin for a little while, this allows you to perfect your lines... and get to know the cast members, especially Ralph." Robert smiled. "that's amazing. thank you" i nodded "it's been lovely meeting you, Neveah. i can't wait to work with you on set."

i nodded walking towards the office door "you too, Robert"

i left the building and was picked up by randy. "I GOT THE PART!!!" i squealed jumping into the passenger seat "THAT IS AMAZING!! I KNEW YOU WOULD!!" his smile is as bright as the sun. "shall we celebrate?" he asked making me giggle "yes! let's go"

i turned 18 back in january and my parents and the jacksons threw me a surprise party which was fun!!

on the way to the jackson's house. we picked up my mum and dad, they had no idea why we was going to the jacksons. all i said was that it was a surprise. they didn't even know that i went to audition today. only Randy did. i grin to myself as my dad groans and moans about not being able to watch a soccer show that's on right now.
"dad... once you find out why were going to the jacksons.... you'll have forgot that soccer was even on!" i turned to him and smiled.

"you're not getting married are you?" he asked making me laugh "what?! no!" i shook my head "good. you're too young." he laughed making me smile and my mum scoff.
"or are you pregnant?" dad jokes even more "dAd!" i laugh, mum and randy join in "well are you?"
"yes.. of course, you've caught me out. Randy is the dad."

"hey, leave me out of this one" randy joked shaking his head. we all laughed joyfully as we pulled up outside hayvenhurst.

michael was in the garden watering some plants and flowers when we got out the car. he heard the doors slam and turned around. he furrowed his eyebrows but smiled nonetheless. "oh hey, what are you doing here?" he questioned my parents and i, but directed it to me more so.

"Neveah practically dragged us out the house... she has a announcement." dad grunts as we walk closer to michael. i smirk and roll my eyes.
"get your head out of your arse, you can watch soccer another day."
"but jane-" my dad went to protest and my mum gave him a look making me laugh out loud
"she's pregnant." dad told michael. michael's eyes widened as he looks at me "wh-"

"i'm not pregnant. ignore him."

"oh.." michael laughed, he looked almost relieved. why would he be relieved?
"right let's go inside" i usher everyone in hayvenhurst.
we all great each other and go into the lounge. i stand up at the front of the lounge as everyone sits on the sofas looking up at me.

"ok... so... i wanted to tell you all at the same time instead of having to tell you all individually." i smiled at them.
"have you finally signed to a label??" michael speaks up, questioning me. i laugh and make a face "no.. not as such. something even BETTER." i clap my hands.

"so, as you all know, ever since i was little i wanted to be a actress, i wanted to star in a movie..." i trail off as my eyes connect with michael's. his eyes glisten as he watches me.
"today, i went to a audition for a movie... THEY SAID THEY WANTED ME STRAIGHT AWAY!!" i jump up and down. everyone claps and 'wow's at my confession. everyone gets up and hugs me. my parents bring me into a hug first, congratulating me. saying how proud they are of me.. my mum even got a little emotional. the jackson brothers pulled me into a hug one by one and congratulated me as well as the sisters.
"thank you." i laugh and roll my eyes at jackie. he said to me 'i always knew you'd make it, rat features'