chapter thirteen: engaged

june 1984: neaveah's pov - michael's condo

we was cuddled up on the balcony on the bed he made. it was getting chilly now, but we didn't care. we was cuddled up together with blankets and pillows. he was slowly playing with my hair with one hand and with the other he rubbed my thigh under the blanket. i look up at him prepared to start speaking but he cut me off with his soft lips. i kissed him back passionately. he stroked his hand up my thigh closer to my sex. i pulled back from the kiss as he grunted lowly.

"i have to tell you something... you deserve an explanation as to why i said no when you asked me to marry you.. i turned you down when you was wearing your heart on your sleeve. you deserve to be in the loop of what is happening." i told him, he sat up and frowned a little.
"i don't really want to talk about that..." he shook his head softly.
"i know you don't... but i need to tell you this, either way." i said seriously, as i sat up too. he looked at me cautiously. his eyes softened when my eyes started to water. "oh baby what's up??" he brought me into his arms and rested his chin on my head.

"michael.. i'm so sorry i didn't tell you." i sobbed in his arms "shhh it's okay don't worry about that... what happened?" he asked so softly, lovingly.

"i was raped, michael." i sobbed harder. he froze as he held me.
"wh-what?" he said as he pulled away from me.
i looked him in the eyes, his eyes softened as he wiped my tears away softly "dont cry baby girl, i'm here now.. i'm here for you. i'll protect you.." he said softly. "when did this happen??" he asked me gently

"over a period of months..." i cried softly "w-what?" he gasped. "it was on set of karate kid. i was sexually abused and raped..." i told him.
"where was ralph?!" he gritted his teeth. i shook my head softly "he saved me michael... he saved me. that's why i'm so close to him. i aren't having sex with him, i aren't cheating on you with him. he's like my best friend... he saved me from more abuse on set, he never left my side." i cried. michael looked down and sobbed "i'm so sorry i wasn't there. i'm sorry i wasn't the one to save you."

"you're the one who's been keeping me sane, michael. i come home to you and i'm-"

"miserable." michael cuts me off "you're miserable. and i was being selfish. i thought you didn't want me anymore. i thought you was interested in Ralph. you haven't been eating properly for months.. i had no idea it was something as serious as this, veah.. why didn't you tell me?" he sobbed shaking his head.

"michael i was scared," i cried grabbing onto his hands. "no one knew about it, i only told my mom and dad yesterday. it's only you, my parents and ralph who knows anything about it." i cried. he looked up and wiped my tears away with his thumb. "don't cry baby. you're safe. and i love you."

"you still love me?" i cried making him frown "what?! of course i do. that man doing what he did to you changes nothing. it makes me love you more, you are so strong, veah. you've basically coped with this on your own. everyday you prove to me how amazing you are."

"men..." i mumble making him from "hmm?" he hummed "did you say men?" he asked, and i nodded. "what do you mean?"
"it wasn't just a man.. michael. it was men." i breathed out "two men." i looked up at him, my eyes were sore from crying. in shock, he placed a hand over his mouth. "what the fuck?" he mumbled and my eyes went wide at him cussing like that.
"who?" he asked. i shook my head "that doesn't matter michael, i-"

"of course it matters, neveah!" he snapped at me making me jump. "those two men took advantage of you. raped and abused you. of course it matters to me who they are!"

"Chadwick and James." i mumbled... "one was is a actor, he okayed Dutch,. one of Johnny's friends, a member of the cobra kai. and the other one is the cinematographer."
he was shaking his head when i told him. "and what have the police said?" he asked me gently.
i shook my head "they don't know.. and they aren't going to know."