chapter twenty three: the most brutal attack on a celebrity in history

4th march 1985

"michael you need to get some rest, baby." my mother sniffled as she held me while i cried.
all the family was at the hospital. she still hasn't woken up. they've stitched her stab wound up, they said she was stabbed twice in the same wound, except the second stab was just slightly off so it punctured more of the fresh skin. tests also came back and it turned out she was raped.
the DNA they got has been sent off for testing. they asked if i have had sex with her in the past two days, i was embarrassed but i answered anyway. anything to help the enquiry. they asked if i used protection and i said i did.
so the DNA results that do come back will not come back as my DNA. i'd then be framed for the attempted murder of my own fiancée!

"michael, please go home and rest" mother shook me gently as i cried.

"i'm staying here." i said, muffled into her chest.

"BREAKING NEWS: Neveah Kingsley was attacked in michael jackson's encino apartment-" i lifted my head up hearing neveah's name and my name on the tv. jermaine flipped the channel then a woman started speaking
"the attack on pop sensation, neveah kingsley, is believed to have accrued between 2am and 3am. just nearly a hour before michael jackson came home to see his fiancé-" jermaine flipped the channel again

"we don't know the condition of neveah at the moment. all we know is all of the jackson's, and neveah's parents, are at the hospital waiting on neveah." the man on the said. tears fell from my eyes as i saw the news show photos of neveah being loaded into the ambulance. the stupid media!!!

"this is believed to be the most brutal attack on a celebrity in history."

"we are sending neveah, michael and their family all the love in the world. we are hoping she recovers."

"neveah kingsley pronounced dead. michael jackson under suicide watch."

"WHAT?!" i snap growing at the tv

"if you don't turn that damn tv off, boy!" joseph gritted, making jermaine jump and turn off the waiting room's tv.

"dead?! suicide watch???!!!" i look around at my family, and neveah's parents.. but they are family anyway!
"michael you know how the media like to manipulate everything" my mother said softly.
"well, yeah... but, this is a life they're talking about! they shouldn't lie about something like that!" i shook my head crying
"i know baby" my mum hugged me again.

i moved out of her hug and sniffled.

for a hour i was rocking back and foreword with my head in my hands, tears streaming down my face, the i suddenly hear the door open and someone enter.

"mr jackson." the guy said, but was looking down at his clipboard
"yeah?" my father replied. the doctor looked up and shook his head smiling softly "oh sorry, not you mr jackson." he said to joseph
"mr michael jackson?" the doctor asked, i jumped up from my seat immediately

"yes?"

"are you comfortable with me telling you this information in front of everyone?" he asked, sending me a sympathetic smile.

"is she dead???" i broke down in tears as i fall back onto my chair after losing balance
"no sir, if you would have been a few minutes later home she would have died, though."

"so she's okay??" i breathed out thanking god. i know he wouldn't take her away from me like that.
"yes mr jackson." he replied nodding "she's awake. she said she's ready to see her family." he smiled at us all, everyone gasped with relief and i smiled through my tears

"you go see her first." i turned to her parents
"michael..." her mother, jane, gasped
"honestly.. you see her first." i nodded at her and kissed her cheek.
"thank you, michael." she kissed my cheek also making me smile, even blush. she's such a beautiful woman, so loving and sweet too!
"yeah thank you michael." her father shook my hand

i watched them disappear into neveah's room.
"that was lovely of you michael." my mother said
"they're her parents. they deserve to go in before me, just so they can see their baby girl." i smiled softly

"you feeling okay now?" joseph asked me, patting my back. i smiled softly
"yeah... i feel so much better knowing she's okay. i just need to see her, then i should be okay"

"you need to be a good fiancé, michael." mum stated making me turn to her "dont force her to tell you anything. she'll tell you when she wants to. don't make her feel like a child, don't overly act like you care-"

"i do care!" i snapped a little more than i shohld

"i know, i'm sorry, baby. i didn't mean for it to come out like that. i mean don't suffocate her with your love. let her breathe. she needs you, so much. but, please don't make her feel like she can't breathe around you. she needs space, but she also needs a lot of cuddles and love. but, there's a fine line between both"

"i understand." i nod and sigh

"seeing her on the bed like that," i shook my head and sniffled
"come back home, son. you and neveah can stay at hayvenhurst. there's room for you both, and room if she needs her own space in her own room. or she can stay with you in yours." joseph said

"that's okay? we can come back?" i asked softly
"of course son, it's your home just as much it is mine and your mother's. which means it's also neveah's home." joseph smiled and rubbed my back.
"thank you; joseph," i smiled brightly as neveah's parents came out.

"is she okay???" janet said quickly
"she's bruised, internally and externally, she'll be okay" her mother nodded.
"she wants to see you." her father smiled at me. i stood up and breathed out.

"boy why you acting like it's your first day?? show you're fiancée some love!" joseph called from behind me making everyone chuckle a little. i laughed and rolled my eyes playfully.

i walked in and saw her connected to the operating systems. she was drinking some water.
"michael??" she breathed out smiling softly.
"baby girl." i breathed out and rushed over to her bringing her into a tight hug, but i made sure i was careful and never hurt her. she must be in so much pain.

"i've missed you. i'm so sorry i left you, i'm so sorry." i pressed my forehead against hers "i love you."

"it's not your fault!" she shook her head with tears in her eyes, that's when my tears started to collapse down my face "it is. it is. i shouldn't of left you. this wouldn't of ever of happened if i'd of stayed at home!"
"michael, don't blame yourself. this would of happened if you'd of stayed home, except he'd of hurt you too. the situation could've been worse! i'm just glad you're okay and safe." she said softly
i kissed her gently and told her how much i loved her.

"i love you so much more." i kissed her again and then removed my lips from hers and sat on one of the chairs.

"joseph said he's cancelled your tour." i told her
"what?! i want to do it!" she gasped looking at me worriedly
"you've just been attacked, babe. you've been stabbed. you're all bruised up. you need a few weeks off to rest and recover. possibly even months to recover mentally! the fans understand. the media understand." i caressed her face.

"tour restarts in august." she stated. she will not drop this. she's been looking forward to her own tour and she's worked so hard. i laughed a little.
"we'll see baby." i kissed her again.