chapter twenty four: writing session at hayvenhust during a tour break

8th march 1986 - almost a year later.
neveah's pov.

oh hi there. hi. so it's nearly a year later, and well, nothing has really changed. i am in america right now on a break, then after my break, in a few days, i kick off the last leg of my tour again.
my first headline tour is nearly over. i have a few american dates left, u.k, italy and mexico dates left. then i'm
all done with my first headline tour. it was an absolute DREAM, such a pleasure to play for millions of my fans. it is a widely known rumour that by the end of my tour i will have played to 4.1 million people. which is fucking incredible.
for a first headline tour?? it's fucking amazing.

"are you listening?" michael snapped me out of my daze. i shook my head and looked at him, he was grinning softly. "yeah, what? sorry." i smile at him making him giggle.
"i said what do you think to it?" he sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder handing me a note pad.

i giggled reading the first lyric "michael..." i looked up at him but pointed down to the lyric "we've never been on a river boat cruise."
he started laughing then shrugged "yeah maybe not... but we can tell lies here and there can't we." he nudged me playfully making me giggle.

'i took my baby on a riverboat cruise and she was well aware.
i was excited 'bout the way that things could've been, she said 'i don't care'.
i wore a face no one could recognise, in disguise.
someone called out my name.
they thought of taking pictures, autographs, then they grab.
my joy had turn to pain'

i started singing the first verse he had wrote, i sung it with a random melody painted in my head. as michael watched me, silently, with adoration.

i stood up and walked around the studio "father always told me 'you won't live a quiet life'" i randomly sung. it was silent. i saw michael sit forward in the corner of my eyes and look up at me "if you're reaching for fortune and fame." he sang softly.
i looked directly at him with wide eyes,
i flap my hands quickly "write it down!" i told him quickly as we seemed to be on a role?

"i feel the pressure sitting in, i'm living just to wiiinnn" i sing softly watching as he wrote down the lyrics. this song is coming so naturally to us! and it's beautiful so far.
we've wanted to collab for a while now but could never find the perfect song. and i believe this, THIS RIGHT HERE, could be the perfect song for us.

"i'm done in my pain, don't you feeling no pain" he sung softly

a light bulb moment went off in my head, i just had to belt out "ITS THE PRICE OF FAAAAMMEEE" a little vibrato came through on my voice and michael immediately looked up at me in shock "oops" i chuckled making him laugh too "damn, girl, you've got a right set of vocals haven't you?" he nodded at me.
"what are you.. british? you've got a right set of vocals." i mimicked him with laughing. he raised his brows seriously, then started laughing at me. "you sounded more yorkshire than anything." he joked back.

i held my hands up in defence "hey," i shrug sighing "i was mocking how you sound, so if i sounded yorkshire... it was only because you did." i pointed at him.
"yeah yeah" he rolled his eyes making me throw a pen at him making him giggle like a child.
god i'm so in love with this man.

"anyway... getting back onto this song..." michael said as katherine walked in.
"are you two really writing and recording on your anniversary?" she narrowed her eyes at us passing us some food and drink.

"thank you, mother." michael smiled at her softly as she placed our food and drink on the table in front of us.
"and yeah we are, i've got something special up my sleeve for later. she knows i'd never let her down, especially on our anniversary" michael told his mother, yet grinned at me and sent me a wink.