chapter three: i win big time

march 1983

"it looks worse than it feels" ralph said, my co star in the film, except he's called Daniel in the movie.
"i hope so." i give him a look remembering my lines "it looks terrible, i never got a chance to say thank you." i said brightly. Ralph shook his head smiling as we walked around his garden "it was nothing. i'm sorry about the radio." he gently said making me smile "i'm more sorry about your eye." i make a face "you should of let him have it." i tell Ralph, on about the radio.

"why?" ralph shrugged "it wasn't his"
i grabbed the football and smiled "watch." i told ralph and started doing the football routine he taught me as a part of the movie. he smirks and laughs as i do it in front of him.

"CHEERLEADERS!! the coach shouts on the script" ralph said.

"i gotta go." i tell ralph and jog off.
"HEY, WHATS YOUR NAME?" ralph shouts after me, i turn around and start walking backwards as i smile. "Ali. with an 'i'" i giggle to myself as he giggles to himself.

"can we take a pause on rehearsing??" i asked him laying down on the grass. "of course" he laughed.
"when do we actually start filming??" i asked ralph, he sat down beside me on the grass and shrugged "i don't know... soon though." he then looked at me "i can't believe we actually met... i've been wanting to meet you a while."
"you have?" i asked him and he nodded "you're really pretty, i've always thought that growing up."
"yeah a lot of people say that" i joked. he laughed shaking his head and he rolled his eyes at my silliness.

"take that off your head" i laugh at him shaking my head "we aren't filming yet" i told him

"i'm just tryna get in character!" he joked back making me laugh "oh okay Mr Karate boy" i rolled my eyes making him smirk.

"so you told me a bit ago that you were doing your debut album... how is that coming along??" he asked me and i shrugged "i haven't really started yet... i've wrote a few songs but nothing that stands out to me." i shook my head "have you found a producer yet?" he asked me.
i sat up on the grass and dusted off my hands "michael told me that quincy was wanting to work with me... if i get quincy on my debut album i win big time. he's incredible... look what he did with Thriller." i looked up to the sky noticing the sun setting.

"can we go to the beach??" i asked ralph quickly, he looked back at me and laughed "yeah.. yeah if you want. come on." he nodded and got up, he held a hand out for me to grab. i took his offer and grabbed his hand allowing him to help pull me up. i got up and dusted myself off as he did.
we went to his car and we drove to the beach close by Ralph's home, about 15 minutes away.

"oh my gosh look!!!!" i said as we got out of the car. he laughed at my childishness and jogged after me.
i stood on the beach and appreciated the view "holy shit..." ralph breathed out

"i know" i breathed out too admiring the sky "it's absolutely beautiful" i added and he agreed with me by humming

"thank you..." i spoke up after a few minutes and turned to him, he cocked a brow at me, "..for bringing me here.." i clarified for him.
he made a 'O' shape with his mouth then smiled "anything for you, V" he looked back out to the ocean "oh my.. god?" he said squinting his eyes
"what?" i look away from him back at the ocean "what???" i asked again
"look.. wait.." he pointed to an area in the ocean but i couldn't see what he was trying to point at "i don't know what you're looking-" before i could finish my sentence he grabbed my hand and dragged me along the beach as he ran, i ran with him and he took us to a hill which we had to climb up.
"wow." i breathed out finally noticing what he saw. a pod of orca's.

"no way!" i laughed with shock and he laughed with me too.
i couldn't believe my eyes!