chapter six: the king and queen of pop

january 1984

everyone has seen michael except for me. even fucking brooke shields who showed up about a hour ago. it's now the 28th of january, the day after michael's incident. brooke came running in and demanded to see michael and she was allowed.

i huffed as i bounced my leg up and down "just relax.. why don't you go home and get some slee-"

"NO!" i cut randy off quickly, before he could even finish his sentence.
"i'm sick of this" i huff out and stand up from the chair but randy grabs my arm and pulls me back down "why would he wanna see her over ME?" i exaggerate over michael seeing brooke before me.
randy shrugged "i don't know... he has the answers to your question. not me." randy replied to me making me sigh and nod. brooke left the room and waved to randy, he smiled and nodded at her and watched her walk off. i rolled my eyes and scoffed. "i'm off to see him" i get up and hike towards his room.

i open the door and he looks up from a tabloid and sighs "who let you in? who do i need to get fired from this damn hospital?" he said out loud. "michael!" i snapped "what is wrong? why won't you let me see you?? it's only me!" i exasperated throwing my arms up
"exactly... that's why i didn't want you seeing me until i was out of this place... because it's you, my girl" his eyes looked at me with such love "i don't want you seeing me in pain" he shook his head and looked down. i walked towards his bed and sat on the side of it beside his hips. i reached to stroke his face "michael... i don't care what you look like... i don't like you for what you look like, i like- i love you for your heart. you're beautiful inside and out. you being drop dead gorgeous is just a huge bonus for me..." i smirked slightly at him.

he chuckled a little bit and i wiped a tear away from his cheek. my eyes welled up too seeing him like this "i'm sorry..." he whispered "i really am" he looked in my eyes. i shook my head smiling "don't even worry your pretty little head about it... it's all good. i'm just glad you're okay! you scared me so much." i sighed. he grabbed my hand from his face and kissed my hand "i'm sorry for scaring you..." he kissed my hand again.
i smiled at him.

"i did what you told me to... kind of" he spoke up after a few minutes. i furrowed my brows at me "huh??" i looked at him.
"you said to me, before i went on stage, 'set the fire on stage, mj'... i did.. kind of?? well, instead i set my hair on fire. second and third degree burns..." he huffed looking around the room.
"hey." i said but he didn't look at me "hey, look at me." i said softly, he looked at me with sad eyes "that wasn't your fault.. you know that right?? it's was the pyrotechnics fault... they was obviously dodgy.. a explosion, fire and injury waiting to happen!" he consoled him "you was doing what you were doing best... showing everyone why you are the biggest pop star in the world right now" i told him.

he smiled warmly "you'll be taking my place soon." he joked making me laugh as i laid beside him and got comfy in his arms "oh yeah? for what?" i asked him looking up at me
"being the biggest pop star in the world... i can see great things coming your way.. i really can. number one songs, number one albums, more grammys, more awards, achieving milestones and making history"

"really??" i asked him and he smiled so warmly showing off his perfect team "of course" he said softly, in his 'feminine' voice. "you're so talented. you're gonna take the industry over... you'll take the world over. like i did." he smiled proudly talking about us both.
"hey..." he nudged me and sunk lower down in the bed "you know what people will say about us??" he smirked at me making me grin "what??"

"everyone will be saying 'the greatest musical couple of all time' or 'the king and queen of pop'" he told me making me laugh out loud. "what?!" he laughed as he watched me laughing "they will!! that's what they'll say!" he said while laughing
"yeah... okay" i nodded making a face.

"i'm glad you're okay.." i smiled at him.
"i'm not.." he shook his head making me frown "shall i get the doctor??"
"the doctor cannot give me what i want, baby" he said softly and flickered his eyes closed. i smiled up at him and stroked his chest. he was wearing a white t-shirt.
"oh yeah?" i asked him.
"hmmm" he hummed back.
i looked at his face.. his perfect jawline "what do you want?" i asked him
"you... i want you." he said softly, flickering his eyes open to look at me.

"we- we can't do that in a hospital michael!" i gasped. his eyes widened and he laughed loudly "god no! not that. i just want one of your kisses... we can save everything else for when we're at home" he giggled at my misunderstanding "anyways, i don't want anyone else hearing your moans except for me. i'm only ever allowed to hear those sweet moans." he looked me deep in the eyes as his voice dropped an octave.

i gulped. fuck. that was sexy.

"come on, girl, gimme a kiss." he puckered his lips up making me giggle. i kissed him softly, he relaxed into the kiss and reached his hand up to caress my face. he bummed into the kiss as our tongues battled against each other. "i love you" he moaned pulling back "i love you." i said brightly.

"god you two make me sick" randy says, as he stands watching us.
"well what are you doing standing there and watching?? you little perv" michael joked as he rested his head against the pillow and flickered his eyes closed as i snickered at his comeback to his younger brother.