chapter twenty one: christmas day

9th December 1984 ~ Michael's pov.

i watched her walk away with ralph and i sob sitting back down on the chair.
"michael, michael, michael." i heard my mother tut in shame. "you've broke that poor girls heart."

"how could you do this to her, michael? randy asked me, snapping like a dog "if you slept with diana why didn't you break up with her and tell her. why didn't you do the decent thing instead of fucking asking her to marry you. god, you're a prick." randy growled. i was uncontrollably sobbing now
"leave him alone." janet's soft voice spoke up "it takes two to tango. diana is just as much to blame, she knew michael has always loved her, she knew that, she used it to her advantage and now has ruined a relationship!"

"michael should have kept his dick in his pants." joseph spoke up "like you have??" i quickly looked up at my so called father "you've cheated on mother numerous times, not once have i ever seen you be ashamed about it."

"what do just because you're sat crying it means you should be rewarded? for cheating on the only woman who's actually loved you for you?" joseph looked me in the eye "i thought i brought you up better than that, and if not me, i thought your mother brought you up better than that." joseph shook his head at me in disappointment.
"what if she goes to the media about this?" latoya squeaked as she spoke up, she's never liked neveah.
"wouldn't surprise me." jermaine said "nor would i blame her." he added making my heartache.
"she wouldn't do that, she loves michael"

"loved." jermaine laughed "she loved him mother. do you really think she gives a toss about him now? no. of course she doesn't. and as i said, i don't blame her." jermaine shrugged.
"michael," diana's soft voice pulled my out of my day dream. i looked up at her eyes, the eyes i once fell in love with, my heart broke even more. what have i done?

"i am so sorry michael." diana shook her head.
"it's not your fault." i shook my head softly.
randy laughed and shook his head "you're a prick michael, fuck you." my younger brother snapped and stormed off. me and him have always been the closest. he's the brother i'm closest too.

25th december 1984 - michael's pov

i haven't seen nor spoke to nevi. she's avoiding me, avoiding my calls.. everything. and i don't blame her. i'm a awful awful man. i never wanted to be like my father, i never wanted to be like my brothers. but here i am, all alone, staring at an engagement ring for the love of my life as i cry. and i am exactly like my father, exactly like my brothers, i feel so ashamed. and i know there i nothing i can do to fix this. never in a million years.

"you ok baby?" my mother's soft voice pulled me out of my daydream. i looked at her and nodded, as i sniffled.
"have you eaten, handsome?" she asked me.
i shook my head "not yet, mother."

"you haven't eaten in days michael, you will become ill." she spoke gently.
"i deserve it." i whispered
"damn skippy you do." jermaine said walking into the kitchen "what are you doing up at 6am anyway, michael? studio time?" jermaine asked me. i rolled my eyes and continued staring at the diamond ring with a familiar ache in my chest.
my eyes stung, my throat hurt, my heart heart and so did my soul.
"oohhh, still heartbroken?" jermaine dragged on "hmmm, well i just can't imagine how veah is feeling." hemdisne shook his head making me growl at him.
"jermaine not today." mother stated "then when mum? he deserves to feel like shit."

"he's your brother." mother snapped "he's a prick." jermaine fought back
"i must learn from the best." i fired back looking at me elder brother

"have you contacted her? or have you been too busy reconciling with diana?" jermaine teased. i didn't have the energy to fight back. i really didn't. not anymore.

neveah's pov
"merry christmas." ralph said joyfully as he walked into the kitchen "it's not so merry for me." i grumbled as he came closer to me.
"moody pants.. come on!! it's christmas! i've got you something." he grabbed my hand and pulled me off my chair. i quickly grabbed my glass of orange juice before he could take me wherever he was taking me.
"sit down" he took me to his couch. i sat down and chuckled softly.
he handed me a present and told me to unwrap it, i did exactly as he said. i opened it and it was a photo book, from every single picture of us since we met. i pouted my lips and smiled "i love it, ralph"
he grinned and brought me into a side hug "i'm glad." he chuckled "now, where's my present??" he said cheekily making me laugh. yes, i was spending christmas with ralph. well some of it anyway, in a few hours i'm off down to my parents and he's off to his parents.
i got up and went to the Christmas tree to get his presents. i grabbed them and brought them to him.
he opened the first present which was a set of new aviator glasses, 4 of them. because they're his favourite. i also got him a blue baseball cap.
he opened the smaller give that looked like it was in a ring box "look, if you're planning on asking me to marry you-"

"shut up" i laughed cutting him off making him laugh. "what?! i was going to say yes!" he giggled making me roll my eyes. he opened the present and saw the car keys.
"come on." i laugh pulling him out the house and opening his garage. "oh my god." he breathed out at the rolls-royce. it was black with red leather seats. "this is amazing, you really shouldn't have! this is too much!" he gasped walking over to it. "oh behave" i rolled my eyes.
"it's good i got you another present as well as that small photo book" he laughed shaking his head. i raised my brows at him. "come on" he nodded over to the house. we walked in and went back over to the tree. he pulled out a large wrapped gift. i opened it and smiled brightly. it was a framed picture of everyone from the 'do they know it's christmas' single. i was asked to write and produce the song. it had people on like george michael/WHAM! and other british/irish acts at the time. which is why i don't have a actual part on the song, i just sing in the chorus. but still! it was amazing to be apart of. so it's a photo of us all together in the large studio and it says 'DO THEY KNOW ITS CHRISTMAS? CHRISTMAS SINGLE 1984.'

"this is amazing, i love it. i'll frame it when i get home later tonight!" i hugged him tightly. "it's okay." he smiled.

we sent a few more hours together, then we left his home and went separate ways to our family homes to spend christmas with them.