chapter twenty two: attack

3rd march 1985

GRAPHIC SCENES AHEAD!!! if you don't like scenes like this please skip!!!!!

"i'll see you soon, yeah, baby?" michael kissed my lips. we was at his apartment down in Encino in 1971. he was off to the studio to write and record. it is currently 1:30 in the morning. yes, he's crazy!

"okay." i mumbled softly. i was still half asleep when he woke me up to tell me he was leaving.

i heard him shut the front door and lock it up again. i hummed into my bed and fell asleep again.

around a hour later i was woken up by weird noises. i rubbed my eyes and grabbed my glass of water and drank some of it.
i listened to see if i could hear more noises. i couldn't. so i put my water back down and laid down in bed nodding off again.

i got the fight of my life when someone put their hand over my mouth. i screamed and started to claw at their hand. it was no use!

i started kicking and throwing my arms around. but there was still no use.
whoever it was threw me down on the bed and climbed on me.

he removed his hands and i screamed "PLEASE, don't hurt me!!" i begged.

i looked into is terrifying eyes and started crying as he tied me to the bed with rope. he then got some tape out and broke about 4 pieces off as i whined and shook my head. he put the tape on my mouth and then slapped my face. i groaned loudly but it came out muffled because of the tape.

"please, my fiancé is coming back soon" i tried to say but because of the tape over i couldn't.
"what?!" he asked annoyed as he ripped off the tape
"my fiancé is due to come home. please, just leave and i won't say anything."
"it's too late." the man stated evilly making me scream as he put the tape back over my mouth.
he lifted my oversize shirt up and squeezed my thighs tightly.

he removed his belt and undid his jeans. he suddenly thrusted into me making me cry from the pain. i tried moving but physically couldn't. my hands and feet were tied with rope on the bed frames.
the tears fell down my face as i just wished michael would come home, with bill or any other of his security members.

i laid there, silently simpering. letting this intruder rape me.

i was sick of it now. sick of life. why did men think they could do this to women?? abuse them? manipulate them? rape them??

where have all the good men in the world gone???

the intruder moaned in my ear "you're the best i've ever had." he moaned again as he thrusted forcefully into me
i squeezed my eyes shut. i just want to die. the tears slipped down my cheeks and i started thinking about michael. he's going to be devastated. he'll blame himself.

once this guy was finished he pulled out and tucked himself away.
"bastard" i said, even though my voice was muddled from the tape, the guy turned to me and looked at me. the moonlight pieced his eyes, he looked evil.

"what did you just say???" he asked.
i cried shaking my head.
he grabbed his belt and whipped my body numerous times with it, my thighs, my arms and my stomach making me cry from the stinging.

he disappeared out of the room and i started trying to pull my hands out of the rope.
he came back into the room after a few minutes, i immediately stopped trying to escape once i saw the kitchen knife glisten in his hands from the moonlight.
i started crying and begging him not to.

"i'm sorry." he said softly making me cry as he raised the knife up and stabbed me at the top of my stomach, right in between where my rib cages just meet. i scream out in agony while the tears streamed down my face. he pulled the knife out and i kicked him making him hash the back of my thigh with the knife as he fell a little.
"you bitch!" he gritted his teeth and stabbed me again, in the same place where he just stabbed me.
i coughed out blood but it couldn't escape from my mouth because of the tape covering my mouth.

i started choking so he removed the tape from my mouth a little and allowed me to cough up my blood as i groaned with tears streaming down my face.

my eyes started rolling back and then everything blacked out.

michael's pov

"somebody once said it's the soul that matters, but who can really tell, when two hearts belong so weeellll" i sing making quincy laugh "michael, 'For All Time' didn't make the final Thriller cut, why would you want it on the next album?" quincy asked me. i shrugged "i love it very much, reminds me of neveah whenever i think of the song, or listen to it."

"you listen to For All Time??" quincy asked me
"yes! yes of course i do. all the time." i smiled at him

"it is a good song." quincy nodded, now understanding why i listen to it regularly. "i think i want it played at neveah and i's wedding." i smiled
"doesn't she want the lady in my life?" he asked me, turning to face me tapping the pen against the note book.
"yeah," i modded "but we can have both." i smiled

"they're beautiful songs. she has good taste, does she like For All Time??" he asked me: my eyes widened "oh, quincy!" i gasped "she LOVES for all time!! it's one of her favourites!" i smiled brightly making quincy smile

"you better get back to her, smelly, otherwise you won't be playing none of those two songs at your wedding if you're home any later." he chuckled making me laugh also. i thanked him for our session and i left meeting bill outside who took me home.

i unlocked the front door to the apartment and something felt different.

i walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. i took my shoes off and slowly made my way towards the bedroom.

i slowly opened the door and was faced with my worst nightmare.

neveah was tied down to the bed with a stab wound to her upper stomach, blood was all over her as well as the pure white bed sheets.
"NEVEAH?!" i ran to the bed and immediately removed the tape from her mouth
i shook her slightly but there was no response. my eyes filled with tears as i ran back through the house grabbing a phone and opening the front door. thank god bill is still parked outside! he looked like he was on the phone?

i ran down the steps with tears streaming down my face and banged on the window making him jump. he rolled down the window "michael what are you doing??"

"someone attacked neveah!!" i cried pointing to the house. bill looked down at me and noticed blood all over me
"bill please come save her." i begged him.
"i have to go." he said into the phone and ended the call. he jumped out the car and he ran into the house.

"call the ambulance and police michael!" bill said running into my bedroom

i called the operator in a hurry and the man said police and the ambulance team would be here as soon as possible.

bill untied her and tried getting her to respond "she's breathing... slightly. she's lost a lot of blood." bill said quickly "when the hell are they getting here?!" he snapped
"he said they're on there way." i cried as i caressed her face. there was blood all over her mouth, down here chin and neck. it stopped on her chest.

i looked down to her stomach and saw where the knife had entered her stomach before the knife cut through her bed shirt. i started crying as i held her.

"bill??" i cried helplessly "do you think she was raped?"
"i don't know." he frowned and even wiped a tear away. he's known her absolute years! she's like a niece to him!

"do you think she'll fie??" i cried harder

"i don't know kid, i'm so sorry." bill said, i immediately cried harder knowing this might be the time i lose her.