chapter seven: rivalry

june 1984

michael and i have been together for over a year now...it's been good... ish. i'm a little stand-offish. it's just hard for me....

the filming for karate kid finished in december 1983. it was such a great film to be apart of, ralph and i have become such great friends. through that process of filming the karate kid... i was raped and abused by two people on set. one was a co-star, one was a crew member. that's why i'm a little stand-offish with michael. i think he knows something is up.... i haven't told no one about it. ralph knows... he's supported me through it, he only knew because he caught my abuser in the act while abusing me. ralph looked after me so much, he still does, we're still great friends and try to see each other as much as possible! a few of the other cast members know what happened too.

while i was filming the karate kid i managed to write songs, i made a whole album. the album is set for release tomorrow, it is called 'Get Me Bodied' i named it 'Get Me Bodied' because that is the name of one of my favourite tracks on the album. that track was released last month, as the third single from the album, to build up the hype of the album ready for release. 'Get Me Bodied' (the song) debuted at number 2 in the USA and number 1 in the U.K. which is bloody amazing. i have three number ones in the u.k. and two number ones in the USA. hopefully with the release of the album tomorrow it'll push 'Get Me Bodied' (the song) to number one at the same time the album gets to number one... hopefully. that's what i'm hoping for! i'd love it if my debut album hit number one! the song, 'Get Me Bodied' has stayed in the top ten in america since it's released, it hasn't left the top ten, at the moment it's number 5 so hopefully it'll get pushed up.

the first single on the album is called First Man, which i performed at the Grammys in February, First Man was released in June of 1983 and won song of the year which i was obviously so so so grateful for. First Man is dedicated to my father and michael, so it was amazing seeing the two of them looking so proud when i was up on the stage in front of them performing it to them. my dad cried, michael was hit behind his aviators but i know for a fact he had tears in those beautiful brown orbs of his.
i released 'Ready For It?' the second single from the album, in October 1983, which i also won two grammy's for!!! i won 'female pop vocal performance' and 'music film' i also performed 'Ready For It?' at the grammy's too. both First Man and Ready For It? flew to number one when they was released and i just feel so grateful.

i feel so bloody honoured that i walked away with THREE GRAMMYS. i was nominated for three grammys and walked away with ALL of them.

"hey, you okay babe?" michael came up to me and hugged me from behind snapping out of my gaze. "hmmm, yeah." i nodded "i need to carry on rehearsing." i said moving out of his grip awfully quickly.
"just take a break, we can go for something to eat!" he smiled at me.
"i'm ok... i need to rehearse for our tour." i slightly smirked at him

"hey it's ours too!" randy called out from the other side of the dance studio. i giggled and rolled my eyes ultimately ignoring him. yes that's right, i'm touring with the jackson's on their victory tour. i am going to be the show opener for them. joseph is my manager, he signed a deal with the jacksons... well mainly michael because he is the money maker out of the family, that every tour he does, i have to tour with him to promote my album too. so one of the conditions of the album is i have to release my album around the same time as michael does. obviously, Thriller was released like two years before mine, as mine is released tomorrow, so Joe let that slip as michael wasn't going to tour until now. Joe said in the future it has to be released closer together so that i can tour with him and my album can be huge.

michael walked closer to me and touched my arm "you're getting really thin"

"i've been working hard for the tour, michael" i say softly, avoiding his intense gaze.
"no... you haven't been eating." he said sternly, yet softly. no one could hear him as he spoke lowly.
i looked past him at all the brothers up in a circle messing around together, while Ralph.. who is actually here to watch me rehearse, is sat at the music deck flicking the switches around. i smiled softly as i watched him. i saw michael turn around and look at ralph too.