chapter twelve: kiss me

june 1984: neveah's pov

"where are we going? and why do i have to wear such a nice dress?" i complained to my driver, Patrick. he giggled at me "miss kingsley... it's too secretive. i've told you ten times now."

i scowled

i scowled.
it's been three days since michael asked me to marry him. i haven't talked to him. he hasn't talk to me. randy said he's really heartbroken. i know it's my fault, but if michael knew what happened, it wouldn't exactly be my fault and he'd understand why i can't commit into a relationship like that, how he wants me to. like come on?? marriage??? how can i say yes to him when i've been lying to him for the longest. okay... maybe i haven't lied? i just haven't told him i was raped and abused. so i guess that's just keeping secrets. 
there's been so many nights that i was in bed with michael, him holding me in his arms.. i felt safe... but i still cried. because even michael couldn't take the pain away from me. the pain i was feeling and experiencing. maybe it's because he doesn't know what happened, maybe if he knew he'd help more. maybe if he knew, and helped me, i wouldn't still be as broken as i am now.
i cried at night in his arms. i used to tell him, when he asked, that it was period pains. so i guess you could say i lied. but that was to protect him, protect his heart, from the truth.

after about half hour to an hour in the SUV i pulled up outside michael's condo.
"what are we doing here?" i asked Patrick quickly. he smiled at me through the mirror "go in... you'll see." he nodded to me.

my heart started beating faster. what is happening??
i got out of the SUV and waved goodbye to Patrick.
"you look amazing, V" i heard a familiar voice behind me. Bill. i turned and smiled at him. "thank you, bill" i thanked him. "why am i here?" i nodded up at michael's condo that overlooks LA.
"michael wants to see you." he spoke ever so softly as he held out his arm for me to link my arm with his.
"why do i have to be dressed like this tho? couldn't i wear my joggers and a hoodie??" i groaned making bill let out a stomach laugh. i've known bill ever since being a child, he's actually my godfather, he's michael's security and driver. bill is amazing, one of the most amazing guy's i actually know.

"i'm sure you'll be able to put on some joggers and a hoodie later. but for now, enjoy the night." he said as we finally reached michael's condo.
"have a lovely night, V" he kissed my cheek and walked away. i opened michael's condo door slowly and gasped at the sight.

 i opened michael's condo door slowly and gasped at the sight