chapter twenty two: you will always be the lady in my life // sweet melody

31st December 1984

of course, the jackson's are throwing a new year party, i've been invited, my parents are going.. it's almost a tradition. we've never NOT spent new year with the jacksons. so yes, i am going. and no, michael and i haven't spoken since the 8th december. has it been hard? yes. yes it has. i love him with all my heart, i really do. but he doesn't love me. and i guess that's okay, i've come to terms with it.

of course, i arrived at the normal time, 10:30pm, that's the time i've always arrived ever since being little. the party starts around 10pm though.
"thank you for coming." katherine breathed into my hair gently as she hugged me. "i'd never miss this tradition, ever." i rubbed her back gently as she welcomed me into hayvenhurst.
"is he here?" i asked stupidly. OF COURSE HE IS HERE NEVI! it's his home!
"yes, he's upstairs though. he said he's going to stay up there tonight, stay out of your way so that you can enjoy new years."

"he doesn't have to do that," i shook my head feeling bad. "not at all"
"he said he probably thinks it's best, you two haven't seen each other since the beginning of december, there is still a lot of unspoken words between you both, he doesn't want to argue with you and new year's eve." she told me gently. i nodded softly walking further into the house as music played and people laughed and joked. i stood with a glass of red wine all alone in the back garden thinking of mochas. i turn to look up at his room, his balcony door was open and his light was on. i began to walk towards the stairs outside of hayvenhurst that lead straight up to his balcony. i walked up them slowly and walked towards his balcony. when i was at the door i looked in and he was sat on his bed. facing the wall. with his head in his hands.
i watched him carefully. as soon as i heard him sob, my heart broke. tears began to well in my eyes as i watch him cry.
i just wanted to reach out and hold him. apologise. but i shouldn't have to, i don't have to. he's the one who cheated.
but i had no idea he was so cut up over it.
i took my heals off and left them on the balcony so that i could walk in his room silently. i placed my wine glass on the bedroom cabinet then i sat beside him and immediately pulled him into a hug. he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist as he sobbed a little louder than before. we laid down and i let him cuddle up beside me as he cried. i let the tears fall down my face as i listen to him sob and repeatedly say he's sorry.
"shhh" i shush him softly.

"i shouldn't be the one crying, i hurt you. i'm so sorry." he pulled away from the hug. "i understand." i told him softly "i understand why you cheated... she's the love of your life, she's gorgeous, you've always wanted diana. i was stupid to believe i could compete with her, or be better than her in your eyes." i said as i shrugged slight.
"no.." he shook his head "no don't say that. you meant everything to me, you mean the whole world to me veah, you really do. and i was so stupid to throw all that away!" he put his head in his hands and wiped his tears away.
"why wasn't you downstairs?" i asked him as i rub his back.
"i couldn't be down there and enjoy the night knowing you'd be there too, having to see me, i didn't want you thinking that because i was having a good time that i was over you, or over what i did to you. i haven't left my room much since the last show of tour." he grabbed my wine glass and drank out of it making me chuckle softly. "don't make yourself ill michael, i hope you're eating.. drinking properly. getting enough exercise"

"what's the point." he replied glumly. "i genuinely have nothing to live for anymore, i lost my fiancée, the woman i lived for." he sobbed as he drank more wine. i removed the wine glass from him.
"i forgive you michael." i say softly as i put the glass back down. he looked at me with sad eyes and shook his head "dont-" he whispered "don't say that if it's not true. you shouldn't forgive me, not now, not ever. i ruined you, i ruined us. how could you ever forgive me?" he asked brokenly.

i thought for a second and answered honestly. "because i love you michael, i love you. and i know we can get through this"

he sat up a little and wiped his face "i love you too, i always will." he reached forward to caress my face "i hope you know that."
i smiled softly and nodded "yeah..."
he gave me a look and chuckled "i do.. i know i haven't exactly shown it, but i do. i really love you. you're the only woman for me neveah kingsley." he looked deep into my eyes. he then grinned "you will always be the lady in my life"

"you're so cheesy!" i laughed moving his hand from my face. "hey," he giggled nudging me "i wrote that for you.. you better know that girl" he winked "so romantic" i joked.

he bit his lip as his eyes glistened.
"so listen to my heart." he began to sing, "lay your body close to mine." he sung softly, hitting the notes, as he stood up and pulled me with him. "let me fill you with my dreams, i can make you feeellll alrighttt" he sung as he looked into my eyes, my heart beating rapidly. "and, baby through the years, gonna love you more each day. so, i'll promise you toniiighttt, that you will always be the lady in my life." he sung so beautifully then flicked the radio player on. the sweet melody of the lady in my life started to play making me chuckle "did you plan this??" i jokingly asked making him laugh as he pressed his forehead against mine, wrapping his arms around my waist and bringing me closer to him "behave..." he chuckled "although, i have been listening to it everyday since you left me..." he said softly "it's one of my all time favourite songs."

"really?" my brows raised "really, nothing is more special to me.. this song has a huge piece of my heart.. you yourself have the other huge piece of it." he grins making me giggle as we swayed to the music.
"let's make this night we won't forgeeetttt, girl i neeeeddd your sweet caress ooohhh" he sang along in time with his original vocals on the track and the melody.

he pressed his lips to mine, there began our night of passion. i moaned softly as i pressed our bodies closer together. he slowly pushed me onto the bed and then proceeded to ask if this was ok, or if he was moving too fast. "michael... just make love to me." i said, tears filling my eyes. "god you're beautiful, you're so beautiful." he breathed out and kissed me as he got comfy between my legs on the bed. as we made love, the lady in my life continuously played on a loop, and it was the most romantic thing ever. yet, it was also the most heartbreaking thing ever.

he had been listening to the lady in my life on LOOP ever since the last show on the victory tour. that is heartbreaking.

"i'm going to cum" i moaned softly as i began to shake underneath him. he moaned into my neck and panted as he thrusted into me with such love and passion.
"5,4,3," everyone started shouting downstairs. it's the countdown already??

"cum baby" michael taunted, we both came together when the clock hit midnight and everyone cheered. and i think it was the most beautiful thing i've ever experienced.