Chapter 47.

Later that night, they all hopped into their cars to drive home. Sid drove Shraddha and himself to their place. Tiger and Aditya drove together. While Varun drove Alia and Kriti to their place with Katrina in the car too.

"Kat, honey, bye. See you tomorrow." Alia told her best friend, smiling.

"Good night Kat." Kriti wished her.

"Good night you two, bye. See you guys tomorrow." Katrina smiled at them and waves back as they hopped out of the car, Varun following them out.

"Kriti, you go in. I'll be right behind you." Alia told her sister.

"Okay, bye Varun." Kriti waved at him and he waved back.

"So, good night then." Alia said taking a step back from her boyfriend.

"That's it?!" Varun enquired, confused.

"What do you mean?" Alia asked, acting oblivious.

"I mean that's not how people wish their boyfriends goodnight." Varun replied.

"What do you want me to do?" Alia asked, again.

"A kiss would suffice." Varun said cheekily.

"On your cheek!" Alia added, suppressing a smile.

"What?" Varun asked, shocked.

"That's all I got. If you want take it or leave it." Alia shrugged her shoulders at him.

"Okay, okay. Come here." He motioned for her to come closer with his finger as he turned his face to give her his cheek.

As Alia was leaning down to place a kiss on his cheek, Varun turned at the last second making her lips come in contact with his.

"You jerk!" Alia pulled away and slapped his chest, a smile on her face nonetheless.

"Come on babe, you should go inside. It's pretty cold." Varun chuckled and planted a kiss on her forehead before pulling away.

"Okay, goodnight babe." Alia grinned at him before going inside her house and closing the door behind her as Varun got in his car and drove home with his sister.

*At the Khans*

It was way past 1am and Katrina had woken up went down to get some water and while going back to her room, she heard voices coming out of Varun's room when she was walking past it.

She pushed the door open and stuck her head inside just to see her brother turning around in his sleep.

"Alia.. No, don't.. Leave her... Alia.." He was saying.

Katrina approached him and kneeled beside his bed as she put her hand on his forehead and pushed his hair back while trying to wake him up.

"Varun, darling, wake up. Varun, it was just a nightmare.." She kept on whispering until he woke up, panting heavily.

"What's going on?" Varun asked, confused.

"I went to get some water and heard you talking, I think you were having a nightmare. Are you okay?" She asked him, concerned.

"Yeah, yeah. I need to go." He pulled his sheets off and got out of his bed.

"Where are you going at this time?" Katrina asked him.

"I just, I need to see Alia right now. I can't go back to sleep after the dream I saw." Varun replied not even looking at his sister but looking for a t-shirt to throw on since he only had a pair of black sweatpants on.

"Okay, I guess." Katrina shrugged.

"Will you be okay on your own?" Varun asked hoş sister, feeling bad for leaving her alone.