Chapter 40.

... After 2 weeks

After the accident, Alia and Kriti drove to the hospital with their friends just to find out that their parents had passed away.

In the following two weeks, they went back to their house, went through all the funeral process, and did all the necessary things that were supposed to be done.

Varun and Katrina's parents came back and they had visited Alia and Kriti at their house once.

Now all the boys and girls were at Alia's place hanging out, along with Jacqueline and John.

"Alia, Kriti... you guys know that John and I are moving out to our own place and you know we've been preparing it since we found out I was pregnant. Now it's done and I guess it's time we start living in our own house. But I'll visit whenever I can and you guys come to mine whenever you want. You know the address, okay?" Jacqueline asked them, holding onto Alia's hand who was sitting next to her.

"Sure, thank you." Alia replied with a weak smile, as Kriti just nodded in agreement.

Then Jacqueline and John hugged everyone good bye before they headed out.

Tiger went upstairs with Kriti to her bedroom just as Varun did the same with Alia, leaving Katrina, Shraddha and the boys to tidy up the downstairs area.

Kriti fell asleep with Tiger laying beside her, while Alia just laid there with Varun sitting on the sofa facing her bed, but she couldn't get herself to sleep or close her eyes without her parents dead bodies coming into her vision.

"Varun, can you please come lay next to me?" Alia asked him, her voice quiet.

"Of course babe." Varun gave her a small smile before kicking his shoes off and laying next to her, hugging her close to his body as she put her head on his chest.

"Varun, I miss them so much.. and I can't live without them." Alia said, her voice cracking at the end indicating that she was about to cry, making Varun sit up and hold her face in between his hands as he wiped away every tear that fell down.

"Alia, baby, don't cry please. Your parents are gonna be upset seeing you cry, they don't like seeing you or Kriti sad. Plus, you should be strong so that you can take care of yourself and your sister. And don't forget, I'm here beside you, and I'll always be here whenever you need me, and so are the guys. And there's Jacqueline and John too." Varun told her, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"You'll never leave me, will you?" Alia looked up at him with her teary eyes.

"Never ever. I'm not leaving you, I promise." He hugged her again as she wrapped her arms around him and closed her eyes and fell asleep.

***

1 week later...

Alia and Kriti were back to their old self - kinda - they started smiling and laughing again and going out with everyone else and the guys went back to their own houses as Varun and Katrina did the same since their parents were back now.

AT THE KHANS MANSION:

"Varun, son, come here. Your mom and I want to talk to you." Shah Rukh called his son as he just came in through the front doors.

"I'lleave you guys to it then." Katrina stood up from her place on the sofa to leave.

"No, you can stay Kat." Varun held out his hand to stop his sister before he turned to look at his father, "What is it dad?"

"Listen Varun, you graduated and soon enough you'll start working with me at the company. Don't you think it's high time you start thinking about settling down?" Shah Rukh asked him.