Chapter 41.

Varun arrived at his destination, parked and locked his car then made his way through the front yard and knocked on the door, which was opened in a few seconds.

"Varun?! Hi!" John greeted him.

"Hi!" Varun replied.

"Come in." John stepped aside to let him in before closing the door.

"John, who is it?" Jacqueline asked as she walked to the entryway, meeting them halfway, "Oh, Varun... Hi." She greeted him smiling as she gave him a hug before pulling away and leading the way to the living room.

"I'm sorry I cam at this time.." Varun started.

"What bullshit, don't say that. You're welcome anytime." Jacqueline fake-scolded him.

"She's right, you can come whenever you want." John added.

"Thank you guys."

"So what's up?" Jacqueline asked her cousin, knowing from the look on his face that there was definitely something wrong.

"Can I stay the night here?" Varun asked them.

"Of course, this is your house." John told him.

"But tell us first, what happened?" Jacqueline enquired and Varun told her everything, since the second he arrived home and his father called his over to talk to him until he was slamming the door shut behind him as he got kicked out.

"Oh my God! I'm sorry Varun but your dad is such a jerk for that." Jacqueline said, kinda angry at how Shah Rukh had behaved with his own son.

"Don't be, I agree with you." Varun dismissed her.

"Listen, you can stay here with us as long as you want, there's no problem. And there are plenty of empty rooms, so you'll have your own room." Jacqueline told him, John nodding in agreement.

"Thank you." Varun gave his cousin a hug.

At the Khans place..

"Kat... sweetheart, do you know where Varun is and where he's going to stay the night?" Kajol asked her daughter and she entered her room.

"I don't know mom." Katrina replied.

"Try calling him and see.." Kajol suggested.

"Okay!" Katrina took her phone out and called her brother multiple times just to be sent to voicemail over and over again.

"Where would he be?" Kajol asked - no one in particular - worried about her son's whereabouts, after Katrina told her that the calls were a fail.

"Don't worry mom. I'll go to all his friends houses and see for myself." Katrina assured her mother before she took her car keys and headed out.

***

Arriving first at her brother's girlfriend's house, Katrina rang the bell and a few seconds later, the door was opened by Alia herself.

"Kat?! Is something wrong?" Alia asked worried, since it was pretty late for a visit.

"Is Varun here?" Katrina asked, coming straight to the point.

"Varun?! No, he was here a few hours back but he told me that he was heading home." Alia explained, confused and worried at the same time.

"So he didn't tell you.." Katrina sighed.

"What didn't he tell me?" Alia asked, getting more confused as the seconds passed.

Katrina entered the house and closed the door behind her as she led Alia to the living room - where Kriti was sitting watching TV - before sitting and telling them both what happened between her father and Varun.