The process seemed to be far difficult that how it was described to the public back then. For during those times, the one who was the most against the engagement was no other than the emperor, himself. At the very end of the day, the dark bags that generated under Noah's eyes for his long attempt of persuading his father for his consent got paid off well enough, though.

"Last time, didn't you say you'd come with his highness today? Did something happen, perhaps?", Aiden asked, leaving me with the comfortability of not wasting my breath to utter some similar statements.

"He took so long so I got ahead of him. He'll probably arrive in a few minutes, but..."

Cutting through her sentence at a perfect timing, the trumpets were blown to welcome and signal the entrance of the great ruler of the Empire, who lined up with the heir to the throne a step earlier.

"Make way for His Majesty, the Emperor- Leonard Vermili Zeid Asquith. And the Crown Prince, Noah Wilde Zeid Asquith!"

""Glory to the Asquith Empire."", everyone including ourselves, bowed their heads at the sight of the Emperor and His Imperial Highness. Thereafter, the monarch opened his mouth as he made his steps at the cleared center of the setting.

"Raise your heads.", he instructed while Noah has gone ahead on his own seat to laxly watch his father follow the customs of the event before it was his turn.

"Then, I'll see you later."

"Mhm.", Going back to where Aiden and I were left alone together, we watched Natasha join his majesty's side in her heels.

There, to follow the music that began to play, with arms linked to its respective positions, they waltzed under the glittering chandelier that emitted a bright, golden color to light up the stage.

After a few moments have passed alongside the eyes, blinded in awe at their surroundings, the music eventually changed to signal the Crown Prince's infiltration to the center. He smoothly switched with his father like it was made to be a part of the steps that they practiced for tonight.

Then in a blink of an eye, the focus that was directed to the emperor was now placed onto Noah's figure.

Watching such a sight, praised to be wonderful to others, only brought me nothing more than a tingling sense of displeasure. When the two were younger, I could spectate their performance at ease till its very end. But now that I've attended the great feast once more after roughly two or three years of absence, it has become a slightly detestable sight to see.

The reason was most probably because of their appearances, which became a lot closer to its state when I last saw them in my previous life.

Now that I've come to this kind of realization, I knew it already...

That I would no longer be capable of treating them as friendly from this point.

The cold gaze that could be seen on my face right now was likely to be defined as the most definite proof for that claim. And as cruel as it might seem to be, the straight demeanor that I wore in the present was rather beautiful than ironic, to my perspective.

"I liked him.", I blatantly blurted out, watering the pure intention of allowing Aiden to hear my honest thoughts, despite suddenly.

Perhaps, it was a form of trust, that I could easily spit what I wished to tell him. However, I knew it well that it wasn't just that.

The reason why I got it out of my mouth so easily was...

"No, let me rephrase that.", I quickly added and continued.