Christmas

It has been a week since school life came to an end.
It was mid of December, the weather was damp but not too cold.

You grew up in a country where snow hardly fell. What you saw a little bit on vacations was a miracle.

"So what are you planning on doing this weekend y/n chan?" he asked you while you two walked down the crowded streets.

"Not much that I know of why?"

You passed through the crowd, Oikawa's hand resting on your back gently pushing you through inside the mall.

The mall was crowded with people considering Christmas was around the corner.

"-it's Christmas y/n chan. How can you forget so easily?"

"-I did not forget, I'm just not sure what I'm doing that day," you ventured.

"Hang out with me then," he grinned.

You turned to look at him, he was wearing a shirt with a knitted sweater and a blazer on top.

You stood on your tiptoes and brushed his hair with your hands settling all the stray strands.

"I don't think that's going to happen," you whispered still focusing on his head.

He rubbed your cheek playfully with his thumb.

"Don't worry y/n chan leave it to me," he tapped his chest.

"-leave it to you what?"

He didn't say anything except he took your hand and rushed to the nearest electronics store.

"What do you want?" he asked you without looking at you but studying everything at the shop.

"I don't want anything -"

"Ssshhhh....." He put a finger on your lips.

You watched him study something in the distance. He slowly started walking towards it one step at a time.

You followed his gaze. There were two things, a vintage-style suitcase retro pastel blue colour Gramophone and a modern-day radio.

He reached out for the Gramophone, picked it up and turned to face you with a big smile on his face.

"No."

"What?" His face fell. "Why?"

"It's too costly-"

"-no it's not! Only 9,161.56yen."

"Are you fucking kidding me? It is clearly expensive," you stated.

"But y/n chan-"

"-I don't want it. You are wasting all your savings."

You walked out of the shop leaving him behind.

"Y/n chan!"

"If you buy it I will break it!" you called out.

In the clothing area, you come across various kinds of cable knit pullovers- checking out their quality and size.

"Y/n chan."

A small paperback was dancing in front of your face. You turn to see Oikawa, eyes twinkling smiling like an idiot.

"Great, you're here."
You take out one of the sweaters from the stall and place it on him. "Hmmm." You pull another sweater.

Oikawa stands there nervously making sure not to breathe too quickly, his hands up in the air uncomfortably.

"This one looks good on you," you study the off white cable knit sweater. "It makes you look creamy."

Oikawa started blushing.

What Happened In That Place || OikawaXReaderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें