Iwaizumi Hajime

"Where is she Y/N?"

"She will be here Dad don't worry," you say.

"Tell her to hurry up it's getting late."

You nod and head back to your room. It has been over an hour and Aika still hasn't shown up yet.

You have sent her multiple text messages and missed calls but she only replied to one saying she'll be there. You text her one last time before heading back down.

You stand outside your house for a few more minutes while your parents wait in the car.

"Hey! Wait for me!" She is running towards you.

"Aika, finally." She stands in front of you with her palm resting on her knees while she collects her breath.

The way to Hajime's place was a five-minute ride.
His house looked like most of the houses in that area with a slanted roof and a very simple design.

Among all of us, Aika was the most excited. All of you stand infront of the gate. Your father knocks on the door, it opens and a beautiful woman comes out in the sunlight.

"Y/FN you are here finally," she says and bows. You all bow at the same time and greet her.

Internally Hajime's house had a lot of space with long corridors and narrow layouts.

After opening your shoes she takes all of y'all to the backyard. There you notice it wasn't just a small gathering, the entire boy's volleyball team was there along with Tooru and his girl.

You decide to ignore them and walk up to Hajime. He was busy helping around carrying vegetables. You put down your bag near the verandah and started being helpful, Aika joins in too while Oikawa and the rest were busy goofing around.

"Y/N you don't have to -" he tries to take the box from you.

"-But I wanna help," you say.

After preparing everything and setting up the barbeque you finally start to cook beside Iwaizumi.

"Hey, Iwa?"

"Hmm?" Not looking at you, busy setting things up.

"You remember Aika right?"

"Of course, I do," he finally looks up," she is your friend." He concluded. Aika waves at him nervously. He waves right back with a bright smile.

"Well be nice to her she kinda likes you," you whisper, making sure Aika doesn't listen.

He panics, "huh what-b-but I don't-i want-"

"Yeah yeah," you whisper.

"Y/N can I talk to you for a second." He says,"alone."

Before you could say anything he holds your arm and takes you inside the house.

He takes you in the kitchen," Y/N I don't think anything is ever going to happen between me and your friend-"

"-Geez you don't have to take it so seriously," you said.

"What the hell are you freaking out about!?"
You see him sweating, you walk up to him, "here" and hand him a tissue.

You guys stayed there for a few more minutes talking before you headed back out.

Oikawa is standing near the door to welcome you two.

" When were you planning on telling me?" he asks Iwaizumi.

"Get out of the way you moron it's not what you think." He said.

"So you two-"

"No, we are not," says Iwa.

"Even if we were why do you care?" You ask.

He blushes, "you know-"

"-you are pathetic," Iwaizumi pushes him and leaves. You look at Tooru for a few seconds and leave.

"So all of you are going to ignore me now!?" He shouts. It's funny when he gets mad you thought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Meat. Fire. Good. Smelt like the sublime concoction of a nostalgic campfire that created an amalgam of pure olfactory heaven. The smoke-rich, languid, sweet smoke that imparts so much flavour to the meat and causes your olfactory senses to explode in delight before the first bite is taken. It's like an early warning to your mouth that something good is about to happen, only without the annoying siren.

"Behold Y/N the gates of heaven are about to open," says Aika as she looks at the barbecue in front of her.

You both find two chairs away from everyone and sit down and eat. You still cannot figure out why Iwaizumi behaved the way he did earlier.
You notice Oikawa and the others along with Iwaizumi on the other side of the garden.

You get a little jealous, it was supposed to be yours and Iwaizumi's day together but instead of spending time with you he is hanging out with his volleyball teammates.

You predict he might be keeping his distance since you freaked him out earlier. Iwaizumi catches a glimpse of you and waves, you wave right back. He later turns back to doing whatever he was doing.

Oikawa and his girl were busy talking to themselves not caring about the world. They were feeding each other steaks. Out of resentment you take a handful of meat and shove it inside your mouth.

Aika looks at you and gets worried by this time she is sure you have a thing for Tooru," Y/N are you okay?"

You look at her with mouthful of food, "Hmm?"

"I wanted to know if you are doing okay." She repeated.

You gulp down everything and say," I am, why do you ask?"

"It's just, I've noticed these past few weeks you get all agitated whenever you see those two."

"Those who?" She signals you with her eyes at Oikawa and his girlfriend. You follow her gaze and burst, "It is not what you think, I just get super pissed whenever I see her. She is bad news."

"For you or him?" She asks.

"Of course for me! I just don't like her she gives me all these bad vibes. And if you think I'm just jealous then I'm not." You conclude.

She doesn't say anything.

'I know what you're thinking," you say, "you think I like him that's why you think I get jealous whenever I see her."

"No, it's not what I -"

"Let me finish, the day I met her she behaved like a complete bitch to me, she was always mean to me even though I didn't wanted to talk to her. She even thinks I want to steal her boyfriend."

Aika goes quiet again you don't say anything either. When you were done with your food you got up and left. You felt bad for leaving her alone but you were so angry and you did not wanted to take it out on her.