ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ 2

αu†h⊕r p⊕∀

The wolves were hungry

The wolves were hungry. Moose would've been a great meal for the day. But the moose was gone.

Seasons done change. Flowers are gone. The river is starting to freeze. Food shortage is happening now.

Kade quickly looked at the small baby deer that stood quietly next to its mother. His sister kit licked kade ears as a signal that the pack is ready and in position.

Kade second hand man reed was right next to him waiting on the call. Kit little brother Carter also stood next to them ready to attack. But it was kade call.

'What will it be?' Reed mind link kade.

'We'll wait'kade laid down waiting for the baby deer to get a bit closer. See the thing about wolves is that their energy don't get tired. They can run for hours tiring out their prey. But because Kade pack is very malnourished, they need to save their energy. 6 out of 10 they hunts be successful. All because of kade.

Kade and the pack laid low in the ground blending in so the deer won't see them. The baby deer of course came creepin up on Carter. Kade can feel Carter excitement but he can't do nothing.

All of sudden Carter jump up from the ground trying to grab the baby deer neck with his K9s. But it too late. The momma deer and baby deer took off causing Carter and the youngins to chase after them.

'After them'Kade told Kit. Kit huffed a bit running after the youngins.

'I'm tired of these hunts that don't end well!You need to do something about your half brother!'Reed growled a bit.

'He's not my brother at all'kade growled back at reed. 'He's kit responsibility...'

'No he's yours as well. Carter ain't here to learn how to be a good werewolf. He's here to take your place'Reed shook his furry head trotting behind the youngins paw print in the cold grass.

Kade sigh deeply feeling overwhelmed with everything that's going on. His father passed away two months ago forcing him to be alpha to his pack.

Kade looked down at his paw seeing a twig stick in his paw pad. He laid down taking out the twig carefully till he heard.........

BAW!! BAW!!

Kade raised his head up swiftly hearing the gunshots. He got up from the ground sprinting towards the noise. There, he sees kit, Carter, and reed growling at some human.

"Stand back!! My deer you fucking mutts!!"the human yelled out.

'Let's make him our snack'Kit growled out loud.

'No leave him!' Kade made his way towards the human growling. His eyes turned yellow looking into the human eyes.

"Leave now!"

H҈҉҈҉o҈҉҈҉m҈҉҈҉e҈҉҈҉

Kade followed behind kit and reed as Carter followed behind kade

Kade followed behind kit and reed as Carter followed behind kade. Kade despise Carter only because Carter isn't his brother and knows why Carter is only here.

Kit and kade aren't actually brother and sister. More half sister and brother. Kits father left her and Carter with their mother and kades father.

Kade knows that Carter have alpha in his blood. He knows Carter will make a great alpha leader but he's young. He's inpatient. He can't be alpha just yet. Plus kade won't make him alpha.

"Y'all back so early"kades mother Artemis smiled. "Carter what happened? You look disappointed"

"He's not alpha"kade taunted. Carter growled lowly looking at kade as if he wanted to battle.

"And you won't be your father"Carter teased. Kade stop walking trying to calm himself down. "You won't have a great wife or mate to carry the next alpha for your pack. You won't be a great teacher to your pack. You won't even be..."

"That's enough Carter. You watch who you pick your battles with"reed advised. Carter shook his head laughing walking away.

"Kade"Artemis grab Kade hand trying to calm him down. "Don't listen to Carter. He's just upset..."

"What he have to be upset about!! He's not alpha!! He don't have to feed a whole pack of wolves like I do!! Or protect them at night!! I do all the work!!"kade growled at his mother.

Reed pushed kade back a bit away from his mother to give him some fresh air. Kit looked at her mother whimpering. Sometimes she wish her brother can lighten up a bit.

But he won't.