27

This chapter is extra long for you guys. To make up for being goneee :)

I'm at the dining table with my mom and Carmelita, eating the breakfast that they had made. It was Mangu,salami, cheese,and eggs. It is mine and Xolo's favorite Dominican dish. It made sense for them to make him this big breakfast on his birthday.

As my mom and Carmelita talked amongst themselves, I was still trying to process what almost happened in that bathroom upstairs.. were we really about to kiss? Did he mean to get that close to me ?or was he just in the moment?

The thought of kissing him has crossed my mind so many times over the years and it was just about to happen. I don't know what to feel or how to act but I'm just gonna try my best to act normal ? what else can I do..I Don't wanna make it awkward.ugh but I really wish that it would have happened.

My head snapped up from my plate at the sound of the creaking stairs. There appeared Xolo with a white shirt and a yellow,orange ,and white flannel. His hair is all wet yet looking all cute and  styled. Ughhh he looks so good. Okay Jules , act normal. You guys didn't just almost kiss.

"Good morninggg" he smiled at all of us as he went and sat next to me.

"Good morning baby ! Happy birthday , my love" Carmelita reached over and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you mom " he laughed as he picked up his fork.

"Soooo, where you two going ?" My mom asked as she looked between us. I don't think that she knew what almost happened but she might have thought it was a little sus that we were in the bathroom together ? I hope that she does not bring it up.

"I don't know- this one says it's supposedly a surprise or whatever " he laughed as he finally turned his head to look at me. Okay so he's acting normal ?

"It isss. You don't where I'm taking you - therefore it's a surprise" I shrugged in defense.

"Okay, yeah - but we all know that I'm the best at surprises" he scoffed

"Okay but -" I began to argue back.

"You gotta admit the time that he surprised you and took you to that J cole concert and even got you to meet him was the best. " My mom nodded in agreement as she took a sip of her coffee. Well that doesn't help my case at all..

"Oh yeah - I remember that one. What was it - her 16th birthday ? That was awesome , I mean the shock on her face when she found out. " Carmelita laughed. I remember that too , it was the best birthday surprise that I could have ever even imagined. I love J cole to this day and I was dying to see him in concert. I remember jumping into Xolo's arms and hugging him to death when he told me. And when I found that we were going to be meeting him, I was literally crying. Ahhh - I loved that day. I feel like I definitely won't be able to ever top that...

"Okay , yeah - it may not be a concert and it may not be the best but it'll be good. You'll see, you willll" I confidently nodded at him.

"Ehhh- we'll see " he smirked as he shrugged his shoulder as if it was debatable. I stared directly into his eyes giving him a death stare.How dare he question my ability to give good surprises.

"I'm kidding , Jeez - calm down lil miss attitude" he grinned as he searched my eyes. We were staring at each other at this point and it felt the same way it did when we were back in the bathroom. The tension is real.. I can feel it.

I broke the eye contact and stared down at my plate , continuing to eat my food. I don't know why that just made me nervous.it's just giving flashbacks of what almost happened

We all continued eating our food , moms giving Xolo  extra love and attention because it's his birthday. Xolo and I silently laughing at their obvious efforts and exchanging various looks.