✔︎ 𝟸𝟸 ✔︎

Warning , this chapter is extremely long 😭.

Mary definitely made a mistake showing us this chalkboard thats underneath these table tops because Xolo and I have not stopped displaying our artistic skills. It's been 20 minutes and we're still going at it. I mean what better way to pass time while waiting for some food ,right.

I am drawing a majestic mermaid in a beautiful blue ocean. I'm leaning into the chalkboard to get a perfect view on the mermaid tail as Im delicately coloring it in. I can be a perfectionist and I have to keep everything within the lines or else I'll hate it.

I looked over at Xolo who was doing the complete opposite , being messy as fuck. I am so disappointed.

" The hell are you doing Xolo - You're not even staying in your lines. So messy ,I can't even tell what you're drawing.." I squinted and leaned over his side to see what ugly masterpiece he was putting together .

" Shut up - Art doesn't have to be perfect. It's a form of expression and this - this is what I'm expressing and from what I can tell , it's already way better than yours " he smirked at me.

"Mmm Hmm Yeah - Yet I can't even tell what you're drawing. Mary please tell me - do you think his kindergarten drawing skills are better than mine ?" I scoffed as I looked up at her. There's just no way.

"I'm obviously drawing a lion in the jungle - and Yeah Mary, please tell us. Enlighten us , who's drawing skills are the best ? I mean ,I think it's pretty obvious "he sarcastically questioned with a shrug.

"Hmm, I don't know...I'll be the judge of that , I'll have to see once you both are done so - GO. You have 20 minutes on the clock !" Mary announced.

"You are going down in your lions den ,loser " I stuck my tongue out at Xolo and focused back on my work of art.

"And You better be scared because I'm going fishing for mermaids today , loser " he stuck his tongue out.

"You two are so corny " Mary laughed

"Me ? Corny ? I'd say competitive is a better word " Xolo scoffed as his eyes stayed focused on his drawing , continuing to work on it.

"Eh - I'd say loser is a better word to describe you " I snickered as I continued drawing.

"And I'd say whore is a better word to describe you" Xolo sarcastically smiled as he looked up at me.

"And I'd say -" I began to open my mouth.

"And I'd say - you two need to focus and get back to work. Stop disguising your love for hate " Mary cut me off with a little smirk.

" Nahhh..I don't hate her that much , I love her , I just throughly enjoy messing with her.Also - we're just really competitive" Xolo turned his head to look at me with a genuine smile , his big dark brown eyes meeting mine.

I don't think he got what she said , she meant literal love. Not a friend type of love but I guess he didn't catch that.

"Ehhh - I guess I love you too. I'm kidding , I do. I do love you " I smiled back as I searched his eyes. I found myself pausing for a moment as we maintained eye contact for what felt like so long but in reality was seconds. No - I Don't love him in that way.. I love him in a friend way just like how he loves me.

"Um- you're still going down tho "I quickly broke our eye contact as I focused back on my mermaid. That was not a moment , I'm just being stupid.

"Interesting.."Mary nodded as her eyes traveled between the both of us with a growing smile on her face . Ugh - no , there's she goes again with thinking there's something between Xolo and I. There's nothing , he didn't even catch that she meant love as in more than a friend type of love...