26

I was sound asleep in my bed , snuggled up against my pillow  before I ended up hearing my mom's whispers beside me.

"Jules, Jules " she whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"Hmmm?" I groaned , my eyes still shut as I snuggled up against my pillow once again.

"Jules " she whispered once again.

"What ?" I slowly opened up my eyes in confusion , looking up to see her hovering above me.

"You need to go set up your gifts in the car and do your card babe " She whispered as she stole glances at Xolo , making sure he wasn't awake to hear any of what she was saying. Oh man , I forgot that I need to set up my basket of candy and card. Right now seems like the best time to do it considering he's asleep..

"Okay,okay .. I'll do it " My morning voice croaked as I slowly nodded and sat up in my bed.

"Okay but hurry before he wakes up "she whispered once more as she took one last glance at him and headed out of the room. I looked over to see Xolo dead asleep , facing me. The sun shining directly on his face, highlighting all of his features. His eyelashes, nose, and lips. I smiled at the sight but I'm choosing to blame it on the excitement that it's his birthday not that he may or may not look angelic and adorable.

I am so excited that it's his birthday though , I just wanna jump on him and hug him to death , yelling Happy Birthday in his face til he wakes up. But I can't , I have to go set up his gifts. I'll do it afterrrr.

My eyes shifted from him to the floor as I stood up and slipped on my blue pastel crocs. I made my way out the door and yawned as I headed down the stairs. I don't even know what time it is but it definitely feels way too early to be awake.

I saw Mom and Carmelita sitting at the island drinking their morning coffee, talking amongst themselves before their eyes caught sight of me. The sound of the creaking stairs making their heads snap towards me.

"Good morning hon" Carmelita smiled as she greeted me with warm eyes. "Is Xolo awake too?" She questioned

"Good morning and no ,thank God he's not. I still need to set up my presents " I laughed as I walked up to them.

"Right , so - All the presents you got are in the trunk , we bought some bags for you to put it in  and when you're finished doing that, we left you a cup of coffee right here, okay?" My mom let me know  with a smile as she gestured towards the white cup next to her.

"Thank youuu" I sung in a tune , giving them one last look before I grabbed the car keys and walked out the front door. I walked up to my moms car in the drive way and opened up the trunk. My eyes scanning the whole area. Well damn , I bought quite a few things. He better love  and appreciate all of them. There were 3 silver gift bags laying next to the items I had gotten him.

I went and sat up in the trunk , criss cross apple sauce , beginning to put away his presents. This might take a while so might as well just chill and sit in the trunk to make it easier for myself. Especially with the fact that I have to set up a whole candy basket. I'm a perfectionist so If I don't like the way I set it up the first time , I'll keep rearranging it til I finally do.

I folded his My hero academia shirt and hoodie, slowly sliding it down in the gift bag when I was done. I did the same with the Nike shoe box and now for the most time consuming part. The candy basket. I took the bag of candy and emptied out all of it. Revealing all his favorite candies, Reese's, sour patch kids, gummy bears, sour power, crunch, and Milky ways. Wow , I'm impressed , my mom actually remembered all of them.  I nodded in approval as I pursed my lips  at the sight. If it wasn't his birthday, I would have taken a whole bunch for myself.