25

"Well, what do you think, should we get his presents right now or later ?" My mom asked as she stared between Carmelita and me. She's making some coffee while Carmelita is making some toast.  I am just sitting at the island, thoroughly thinking about what I should get him.

He's asleep right now in my room so he can't hear any of what we're saying at the moment. I'm thinking... I'm definitely gonna get him a couple of things. First up, he loves anime, specifically my hero Academia so I might get him a shirt and a hoodie from hot topic. He's also been dying for a pair of Nike Blazers, he never stops talking about them and how clean they are. So I am for sure getting him that. And I'll probably get a basket  and fill it with his favorite candies and probably put a birthday card in there. Also just to fuck with him I'm getting the headband thingy that Daniel Larusso wears in the karate kid. It's a nice touch if I do say so myself.

"I think we should go buy the gifts right after we finish breakfast. Xolo always sleeps in, this is the best time to go. If he does wake up, you distract him okay Jules ?" Carmelita turned her attention towards me.

"Yup - you got it " I nodded and smiled accepting the task. I can distract him, he won't suspect a thing.

"Tell him we're out running errands or something " My mom suggested as she started pouring the coffee Into cups.

"Okay, errands, and I'm gonna cash app you my money and text you the list of things that I want to buy him. Okay, mom ?" I let her know as I took out my phone. I estimate that's it's gonna be around 300 dollars or less altogether. I'm just gonna send 350 just in case. I don't mind spending that much money. It's his birthday, I always go all out for his birthday.

Besides we've missed each other's birthdays for the past 2 years, I wanna make this one really special and nice for him.

"Alright hon, sounds good. Don't forget to send me the list though, send me it in the car ,not now because you know how I forget things " she eyed me as she brought the cups of coffee to the island.

" trust me, I know. I will mom " I laughed as I took my cup. I'm definitely not taking the chance of her forgetting because it's happened before with a simple list of groceries. But I don't blame her though, she's a busy working woman, the least I could do is be a reminder of things for her.

"Now, what are you thinking of getting him because I don't want to take the chance of us all buying him the same things " Carmelita rose her brows as she took a sip of her coffee, we all gathered up and sat together around the island.

"Right so, I know he nonstop talks about wanting Nike blazers but don't worry, I got that covered. I'm also getting him a my hero academia shirt and hoodie. Then I'm just getting a basket and filling it up with candy for him, also the karate kid headband because you know, Why not add some Ralph in there " I shrugged my shoulders as I picked up my cup.

"Oooh - what a nice touch, no but you are so sweet babe ... You always give the best gifts, I know he's gonna love it " Carmelita smiled as she put a hand on my shoulder.

" I hope so " I pursed my lips . The gifts are not even that amazing, they're just things he wants, nothing that creative or meaningful but hopefully, my basket of candy and card will help give it that special touch.

The 3 of us spent the rest of the time talking and catching up on things while drinking our coffee. Talking about college and work. I seriously don't know how filming will work Into my college schedule if I even do get the part. I guess we'll figure something out if the time ever does come that I end up booking the job. I doubt it though, that would be insane. I think I'd actually freak out, I can't even begin to process this opportunity.