3

I could feel my heart beating with every step I took.I mean how do you prepare to see someone you haven't even talked to in 2 years or seen for more than 5 seconds in 2 years. Someone who used to be and still kind of is at least for me , important in my life and has always been.

"Carmelita !" My mom yelled as she let go of me and went to go hug her. My eyes were still gazing at the ground, I could see two sets of shoes. Black shined shoes and black heels. Okay let me not be awkward.

I finally looked up to see Xolo and Madison. Her face automatically became a look of disgust at the sight of me.

"Um H-hey "I took a breath as I met Xolo's eyes. It was kind of hard to get words out. It was like looking into the eyes of a familiar stranger. Those eyes and that face looked familiar but I haven't been face to face with him in so long , it felt like I didn't know who he really was anymore. A familiar stranger.

"hi" he took a moment to look at me and politely smiled , then he broke our gaze as he looked off to the side ,where our parents were. Really thats all? Just a dry hi and a polite smile.

Pure strangers are we now ? I mean I know that we haven't talked in so long but I didn't know that means someone can just easily forget all the history ,the memories . I mean we grew up
together and now he just continues to treat  me like a pure stranger..

Well as expected it looks like I was wrong , he still hates me , I was stupid to ever think that we could maybe possibly makeup.lately when it comes to Xolo I have a tendency to get my hopes up.

I could feel Madison's eyes on me this whole time, smiling at the way Xolo just greeted me and enjoying the evident disappointment on my face.

"Aw whats wrong Julie Jules ? are you sad?" she faked a frown as she looked directly into my eyes and purposely pulled Xolo closer to her, her other hand laying right on his chest.. Xolo looked back over at me and I could see his eyes soften for a moment as they looked into mine but then he broke our gaze once again.

"Uh no I'm fine thanks " I nodded as I looked at Madison. That's a lie but hey at least I know where I actually stand with Xolo no more getting my hopes up for a make up because that's obviously not gonna happen..

"Jules , baby. I've missed you so much! " Carmelita snapped me out of my thoughts, walking towards with the biggest smile on her face. She pulled me into the tightest hug and then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I've missed you so much too" I smiled and I truly mean it .Carmelita has always been a second mom to me. I love her so much and I honestly missed her , our families are so close how can I not.

"Why haven't you been around mija , you know you Don't live far from us and that is your second home  . don't be a stranger , tell her Xolo " Carmelita put a hand on Xolo's shoulder.

He just nodded at Carmelita in response and shot me that same dry polite smile. I guess that's what we we are doing now, wow okay.

Madison just looked annoyed , looking between Carmelita and I. Don't know why she's still acting annoyed or jealous  or giving me attitude , she already successfully broke up our friendship and made me lose my bestfriend. She has Xolo all to herself but she just never stops does she.

"Xolo ,Congratulations on graduating babe . I am so proud of you!"My mom pulled Xolo into her arms and unintentionally out of Madison's grasp. She looked at my mom weirdly and gave  a slight eye roll as she looked off to the side. Kinda hard not to laugh at that but I held it in and kept a straight face, thanks Mami.