fourty

The navy-haired woman entered Aizawa's apartment as he awkwardly welcomed her in. It was quite late at night, he wasn't expecting anyone to come. But even if he was,  it wouldn't be Akari. They haven't met in a while. Well, she's one of the girls Hizashi and Nemuri was trying to hook him up with while he's clearly still having his head and heart stuck with Emi years ago.

The raven-haired hero poured a cup of hot tea and placed it on the table. Handing one of his oversized black shirts for her to change-the girl's literally soaked in water.

"The restroom's still where it was...you might want to... clean yourself a bit."

And so she did, walking around the place she seem to know so much of. Aizawa sat on the empty couch, if anything, he was planning to get some actual sleep. But now that it's come this way, he probably won't get much of it. He was confused, still. Akari Fukuzawa hasn't said one bit since her arrival, if anything, she's been acting quite strange. 

Until the time she made it out of the room, wearing Aizawa's t-shirt, the raven-haired hero cleared his throat a bit as he think of the words to say. 

"So...what happened?" He uttered, rather awkwardly. His hands were tucked into his pocket as he glanced at the woman sitting beside him, slowly sipping to her hot cup of tea. He knew her as a cheerful person, much like Emi, which was probably why HIzashi and Nemuri decided to introduce her to him in the first place. Seeing her like this breaks his heart a little. 

Akari told him the long story of how she ended up before his door. Including her possessive, abusive ex-boyfriend and some more. It was surprising but Aizawa wasn't a very expressive man, he simply listens. 

"Are you sure it's alright if I live here for a while?" Akari asked hesitantly. 

"Did you expect me to leave you to rot by the streets?" Aizawa chuckled, clearing the tense atmosphere. Akira turned a faint smile, glancing at the raven-haired hero with the corner of her eyes. 

"I'm not home most of the time anyway, and it might not be safe if you live in a hotel," he uttered, "you know, with that ex-boyfriend of yours." He chuckled. 

"Thank you, Shota." 

...

It was another normal day, Aizawa was off from working on one of his missions. His joints felt like falling apart. Will hero works ever get easier? 

He loosens up the binding cloth on his neck as he walked into the elevator. Cracked his neck and stretched his arm. The sun has set but it's not near to being dark outside with all the lights from the event going on next to his building. 

Aizawa later pushed the door, introduced to the warm smell of fresh-cooked food. 

"I almost forget you're here," he uttered as he followed the source of the smell in the kitchen, revealing Akari stirring the soup she's making, "you didn't have to." 

"Oh, stop it," Akari carefully brought to bowl to the dining table, "what did you expect me to do? Sit around all day while staying in someone's apartment rent-free?"  

"Who told you it was rent-free?" Aizawa teased as he took a bite of the corn fritters she made earlier.

Akari chuckled as she took the seat in front of him.