ten

A group of pro-heroes from several different agencies were assigned on a rescue mission of pro-hero Midnight by a gang called 'Raido'.

"Hizashi, don't get me wrong but I don't think it's right for you to join this mission," Emi said, "I know you're pretty close with Midnight, that might stop you from being rational." Hizashi chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "I'm fine, heroes should be able to keep their emotions aside, don't you think?" Emi hummed, "That's right, but-"

"It's fine," Hizashi stated clearly, replied by a single nod by Emi. Both of them are working for Hawks' agency for a while now but it's not like they've been in actual conversation. Especially after Ryouta's born, other than work-related project, Emi can hardly spend time with her colleague.

They continue listening to the plan made by the mission's captain, a pro-hero from a nearby agency. Emi noticed how not much of them are actually motivated in it, she get it though, joining rescue missions like this means delay to their current mission. Even Emi got a mission on-hold, she might end up loosing her day-off to get it done later on.

...

Emi entered the abandoned building with a certain flag attached close to the entrance door, she assumed the logo in it was Raido's. It's too extra for her liking, she can imagine the members being some emo-phased, lousy brat. The pro-heroes agreed on a diversion since they don't know for sure where in particular Midnight is or if she's in that building at all.

Emi was the one to enter through the main entrance. As she opened the door, multiple traps comes her way, throwing knives and sharp-objects all the way, which she easily countered. Emi clicked her tongue, "When will they ever learn that pro-heroes deal with traps for a living," she muttered, making her way into the building.

Soon she found Midnight, running her way. She stopped before her, catching her breath. "Midnight," Emi called, "Guess we didn't actually need to rescue you after all," she said teasingly.

But Midnight didn't respond much. Before she knew it, Midnight's quirk was activated, filling the room with purple gas. If she remember it right, it's a sleeping gas. It isn't much efficient to women but it does the job, because soon after, Emi felt she was loosing strength.

Crap, she cursed under her breath, glaring up to Midnight who's just casually standing there. Emi tried looking around. Midnight wasn't even moving one bit, it's as if she was under someone's control.

Emi tried crawling away from her with the strength she had left, gasping for air. Suddenly a man appeared, with strings attached on his fingers. It was a puppet-villain Emi recognized from their briefing in the previous meeting. She didn't know he can control people like that. Such troublesome quirk.

"You're a tough one," the villain uttered. But Emi was loosing consciousness. Her eyes are getting heavy from Midnight's quirk and before she can reply anything, she was asleep.

...

When she woke up, Emi was startled at the view of Aizawa locked in a water tank unconscious. She tried getting up, picking a metal stick from the corner of the room, crack the glass open while scratching her arm in the process. She ripped the end of her sleeve, and quickly tied her bleeding arm with it.

Emi patted Aizawa's cheek a few times while calling out, "Shota." There was no respond, so she started pushing pressure to his chest. The whole crack-the-tank act caused quite a noise, it concerned her if the villain comes in there is no way she can fight them all alone.

After some time, Aizawa started coughing out water. Emi sighed in relief and started catching her breath. "Well, this is an awkward reunion," she muttered, "but I hope you're okay cause we're in the villain's base." Aizawa sighed as he slowly pushed himself up, trying if his lungs are still working, "Said the one who got caught earlier than me."

"At least I don't end up in a fish tank!" Emi slightly yelled, "Look at you, you're all soaked." Aizawa chuckled leaving Emi startled. It's the first time for her to see him laugh like that. "What?" she asked. Aizawa shook his head, "Nothing," he said, standing up, "we gotta go."