twenty one

Aizawa entered the teacher's lounge, completely worn out. His legs slowly walking in, exhausted from whatever happened earlier this morning. That's not all, he kind of still smell like alcohol and he's an hour late. Fortunately, Allmight's there to take over the first few period. 

He dumped himself in his desk, resting his pounding head on the table. "Were you drinking?" asked Hizashi-whom he didn't realize was there the whole time. Aizawa grunted, not replying to him. "Jeez, you look like crap," he blonde-hero uttered, "well, you look like crap all the time, but this is much more." Aizawa hummed. 

...

"Put him under," the doctor ordered, followed by immediate action by one of the nurses, injection something to Ryouta. Not far from them stood Emi and Hawks. Emi crying to the redhead's chest while Hawks rubbed her shoulder soothingly, trying to calm her down. 

"How can I call myself a hero when I can't even protect my own son," Emi uttered. "Hush, don't say that," Hawks uttered, "it's not your fault." 

After a few moment, Aika came rushing in, followed by a boy we recognize as Hiko behind her, with the same concerned look. The teen stood in front of the see-through glass, watching the medical team handling Ryouta with his palms sticking to the glass. In the other hand, Aika hugged Emi, encouraging her with kind words. 

"Ryouta..." Hiko muttered sadly, "I'm going to destroy whoever did this to you." 

...

Aizawa entered class 1-A. His eyes falling to the empty seat next to Bakugo. "Please be okay," he muttered. "Good Morning class," he greeted tiredly, "discuss in groups of 5 of page 59 of your hero course book, finish it before class or you're all expelled." He then proceed sleeping in his yellow cocoon leaving the students dumbfounded. 

Aizawa heard as he was half-asleep, his students talking about where Ryouta is. "He's pretty mysterious," Mina uttered, "and hot." Momo blushed, hiding it with a cough. "Momo you're blushing!" Ochako pointed excitedly, causing Momo to turn her face away. "No I'm not!" she slightly yelled. Tsuyu laughed at her friends, listening to them doing some boy talks. 

As the bell rings, Aizawa immediately stood up as if he was never asleep in the first place. "Okay, submit your papers there, see you tomorrow." The students nodded, packing their stuffs and head home. 

As Aizawa was walking through the corridor towards the teacher's lounge, he was stopped by a voice calling him, "Aizawa-sensei!" Aizawa turned around, raising an eyebrow as if replying 'what?' It was Momo jogging towards him. She stopped in front of him, "Um...does Ryouta-kun's parents told you why he's absent?" she asked. Aizawa stayed silent  for a moment as if he was thinking. He soon hummed, "He was captured by a villain, I'm pretty sure he's rescued by now, probably in the hospital." 

Momo's eyes widen, concerned, "Will he be okay?" Aizawa hummed, turning a soft smile, calming her down, "I'm sure he is." Momo have never seen Aizawa smile like that before, it was soothing. 

...

After the long procedure, Ryouta was stable but still unconscious. Tubes were flowing different liquid to his veins and his body was covered in bandages. Emi sat beside his bed, holding the boy's hand in front of her forehead with her elbow resting at the edge of his bed. Aika and Hiko was sitting on the couch while Hawks left the hospital a few moment after the boy was confirmed stable since he should be working on a mission. Emi was excused for the week and her missions will be given to other heroes. 

"Mom..." Ryouta called weakly with his hoarse voice. Emi immediately turn her eyes at him, grateful that he's awake. She sighed in relieve, "It's okay now." Ryouta sighed softly. His throat felt sore. "I want to drink," he muttered. Emi picked a water-filled glass while Ryouta sat up, only to regret it due to the sharp pain piercing the skin in his abdomen. Ryouta wheezed. "Careful," Emi uttered, gently helping him get up. Emi handed him the glass, directing it close to his mouth. 

"I'm...sorry for," Ryouta started a serious tone, "the holes in the shirt," then chuckled softly, trying not to move too much. Emi couldn't help but laugh, that is something she'd do in his position. In the other side of the room, Hiko and Aika was staring at them, confused.