five

6 months later

His alarm starts ringing, echoing throughout the dark painted room, annoying the life out of him. Aizawa sighed, turning it off with his arm lazily reaching out. Unlike most days where he'll be in his legendary yellow sleeping bag, last night he actually slept in bed. After a few minutes, it starts ringing again, forcing the raven haired hero to sit up.

He kicked the alarm to the floor, resulting to it breaking to pieces.

It was the 8th of November, his birthday-not that he cared. It's usually Emi making a surprise party or just a nice homemade dinner. He prefers the dinner, but guess neither will happen this year. Or years after this. But again, Shota Aizawa, he couldn't care less.

He dumped himself back to bed only for his eyes to caught the view of the giant cat plushie-supposedly Emi's-almost falling over. He reached his arm out and got it right before it falls. "Stupid doll," he muttered before turning back to sleep, hugging it.

...

"Congratulations, it's a boy," the doctor announced with a genuine smile. Emi smiled and felt tears of joy streaming from her eyes which she quickly wiped, embarrased. "Sorry," she grinned. "Nothing to be sorry for, it's completely natural."

Emi left hospital after registering for her next monthly check-up, heading to a nearby park. There was a man-made lake close to the park, where she saw childrens swimming and chasing each others. Their either parents worrying from the sides or doing small talks with other adults. It was pleasing to watch.

Emi felt a punch which immediately made her look down, rubbing circles on her belly. It wasn't the first time, but it was pleasing having a living creature everywhere you go, as if you're literally never alone. "You want to wish him a happy birthday? I wonder how he's doing but I'm sure he's having a great time."

A boy fell to his knees in front of her. His eyes got teary but Emi can clearly see that he's holding back. The seafoam-haired hero stood-up from the bench, reaching a hand to him with a concerned look, "Are you okay?"

The boy hummed, rubbing his teary eyes. A women which Emi assumed was his mother by their similar hair-color soon reached after him. "Thank you for helping my son, Hiko," the women said with a smile. Emi shook her head, "No need thanking me, I didn't really do anything."

"Anyway, my name is Aika Takahashi," she held out a hand which Emi reached for, "Emi Fukukado."

"Mommy, that auntie is fat," the boy muttered, pulling the tip of his mother's shirt. Aika hushed his son, lying a hand on his shoulder as she whispered, "There's a baby in her stomach, if you're too loud the baby will cry." The boy's eyes widen and his mouth slightly open as he voiced a soft 'wow'. Emi giggled, it was adorable.

"Sorry for that," Aika uttered, grinning. Emi shook her head, "It's totally fine."

Eventually the three of them sits on the bench, with Hiko in the middle, still mesmerized at Emi. "Can I see the baby?" Hiko uttered out of the blue. "The magic word?" his mom reminded. The boy nodded excitedly, "May I please see the baby, auntie Emi?"

Emi turned a soft smile at him, "Well, you can see him in three months," she said. The boy pouted, wondering how long three months is. "For now, do you want to feel him?" he immediately nodded in excitement. Emi placed his tiny hand on her belly and turned a soft smile at him, "Can you feel him?"

Hiko gasped as he felt it moving. His smile only grew wider. "There's an actual baby in there mommy!" Aika chuckled and ruffled his son's hair, "Hiko always wanted siblings, but since I'm a single parents he never got the chance to," she explained to Emi, "It'd be nice if they can later act as brothers, but I'll be moving to Tokyo in a few months."

"Really? Same here," Emi said. "For real? This is like destiny," she laughed.

...

He got back from the bar after a few rounds. It's good to surround yourself with the view of people every once in a while, but he really did not plan to go all drunk mode that night, not for the chance of getting beaten-up again. His body's still pretty sore from the last time.

As he entered his apartment, Aizawa was surprised to see food on the table. "Emi?" he muttered. He speed-walked towards the table, giving it a closer look. There was a note, "We were thinking on having a birthday dinner with you but you weren't home. Anyway, enjoy the food and happy birthday! Love, Nemuri and Hizashi."