thirty-five

"Eraser, oh my God, are you okay?" Emi asked in relief the moment the erasure hero opened his eyes. Ryouta seemed relieved too. "What happened?" Aizawa asked with his hoarse voice, it was hardly audible but Emi seem to understand.

"You passed out, the doctor said you have low blood pressure probably from loss of blood. Were you terribly injured some times I don't know?" Emi was now sitting on the chair next to him. Aizawa noticed the fear in her eyes. "No," he muttered. God, his entire body felt like falling apart, he can hardly keep his eyes open. 

What the fuck did this damn doctor give me? he cursed to himself. 

"Sorry for ruining your party, Ryouta," he uttered, "you all shouldn't have waited for me." 

Emi would crack his bones if it weren't for him looking sick enough. "Stop being too tough on yourself, we are here because we wanted to." 

"Thank you then." 

"Anyway, anyway, we brought all Ryouta's presents here! We can unwrap it here, right? I'm dying to see Shota's present," Hizashi shouted excitedly. Aizawa sighed, not surprised. "Mic we're in the hospital!" Emi whisper-yelled, reminding him for being too loud, "and Shota only woke up."

But Aizawa saw the excitement in the boy's eyes as Hizashi mentioned it. How is he supposed to refuse it just like that after ending his birthday party so early? Aizawa smirked in defeat, "It's fine, Emi."

Ryouta's eyes widen. He held his presents on his lap, keeping Aizawa's to open at last. 

He slowly unwraps the yellow paper covering Hizashi's present, trying to not rip the paper and make a mess. 

"We got...Eraserhead-10th-anniversary-licensed-hero-limited-action-figure-which-will-stop-its-production-tomorrow-since-Shota-Aizawa-didn't-want-to-have-an-action-figure-of-himself!" Hizashi announced excitedly, knowing exactly that Aizawa's pissed. 

Aizawa's sighed the moment he saw his 10th-anniversary action figure-the exact one he told Hizashi not to buy. But as far as he noticed, Ryouta seem to like it. 

Truth to be told, he's been wanting it for a while now. But since it's licensed-hero limited, his pride held him from asking his mom for one. He even got the money ready for a while. "Thank you, Mic-sensei." 

Nemuri gave him a fashionable black coat, which he thanked her for although he didn't quite know where or when he can actually use it. She mentioned heroes being public figures and should stay fashionable for the world to see. Well, he dreams of being an underground hero like his parents, but sure. Emi gave her present earlier that day and he opened it already, so they didn't bring it over. 

Now, Aizawa's. It was a box and it looks quite old but taken care of. He couldn't even guess what it might be. Aizawa did tell him to open it later when he left back in his house earlier, so he asked just to make sure, "Can I open it now?" Aizawa nodded. 

It was...a goggle? A yellow goggle. He remembers it being a part of his hero costume, but it looks a bit different. The moment the other heroes saw it, they fell silent. Ryouta was confused, what's the deal? 

"Someone really special gave it to me back in high school so dust won't get to my eyes in fights. He died, unfortunately. So I got myself a new one in fear of breaking it and have been looking after it 'till now. Since you inherited my quirk, I'll give it to you."

"Are you sure?" Ryouta asked hesitantly.

Aizawa turned a soft smile, "You're my son after all, who am I supposed to give it to?"