thirty-one

Aizawa walked out of his room, still rubbing the sleep off his eyes. He was dragging his yellow sleeping bag lazily then suddenly stopped to see Hizashi singing excessively. Jeez, what did he do to deserve this? The blonde adult was literally singing his heart out with tears flowing out of his eyes. Such a disturbing view (and sound) to start the day. At least he won't have to go to school today. 

"What is it this time, Zashi?" Aizawa slowly walked towards the living room where Hizashi was. At that point, he's completely awake, just greatly pissed. 

Hizashi didn't reply to any of what he's saying. Instead, he continues singing off-key. "I feel stupid and contagious. Here we are now, entertain us" Aizawa rolled his eyes. Who the fuck cries to Smells Like Teen Spirit? 

The raven-haired hero turned the song down. "What the heck, Hizashi? What is wrong with you?" Present Mic hugged his best friend tightly as soon as he could, still crying. Aizawa sighed but didn't push him away. It's probably due to the many weeks he spent behind cells that he's pretty fond of human touch. 

"Nemuri...she said she's giving up on me!" Hizashi was like a freaking child. "Isn't this the 6th time she'd said that this year?" Aizawa rolled his eyes, dumping himself on the couch. He was expecting something serious like Nemuri being pregnant or getting hit by a truck. 

"It's the 10th time actually! She said that 4 other times when you were captured!" That doesn't change anything, to be honest, more like exclaims how petty the problem was. "But it's a huge thing, Sho! No one gives more than 10 chances! How am I supposed to live my life."

More like more than 2 chances. At times like this, the only thing Aizawa can do is lightly shake his head in disbelief. Hizashi and Nemuri, what a strange combo, although they're not as opposing as he and Emi were. 

"Maybe you should call her and apologize or something you usually do," was all he said before turning himself away.

...

Aizawa sat in front of a grave with the name 'Oboro Shirakumo' engraved in it. A bouquet of fresh white roses above it was brought by Aizawa himself since it resemblance his friend's cloud quirk somehow-to him at least. 

"Shirakumo, remember the Emi Fukukado who used to follow me everywhere in high school that I would purposely act rude to make her hate me? I have a son, with her, crazy isn't it?" Aizawa lightly chuckled at himself, burying his face in between his knees. 

"She's a dear woman, a very passionate hero, and a great mother. Now, before you congratulate me or anything, no, we are not married. I did terrible things in the past, but I'll be paying that back, one way or another. Just like you did, I learn to stay true to my words. Bye for now. Seems like I'll be back more than I used to."

...

Aizawa wasn't in his hero costume but it wasn't much different compared to it. He felt his phone vibrate on his way home. A call from Emi at this time in the morning? That's unusual. 

"Eraser?"

"Hello."

"Um, this is strange, but what about lunch with me later? It's not a date, don't worry. There's just something I want to discuss with you about." As much as he missed her old dating jokes, he found this side of Emi quite nice. "Sure, I guess, just send me the address."

...

"So you came." A hoarse voice said, welcoming the raven-haired hero. A chair was prepared for him, in the middle of the room. There wasn't a single window around, they didn't even bother turning the light on. 

"I want this quick. If you follow your part of the deal, I'll come every day. That, or not at all." Aizawa took the seat, his leg crossed lazily as a so-called nurse starts pressing needles on both his arms and starts sucking his blood into a bag. 500 cc on each side. 

"Rational as ever, Shota-san, that's what I like doing business with you. You don't see the good and bad in black and white. Don't worry, I don't go back on my words."