six

It has been 9 months since Emi left. Aizawa tried contacting her a few times but it never reached. She probably change her number or block him. If his calculation was right, Emi should be back in about 4 months. But come to think of it, he wouldn't even know what to say to her. Or what is it he expected from her coming back. He was the one ending it in the first place.

Aizawa was walking to a nearby store for his monthly cup ramen and fruit punch stock. He was greeted by the cashier-Emma by the time he pushed the door open and hummed in reply, walking straight to the particular rack.

"That will be 15000 yen," the women uttered. Aizawa hand out just the right amount of money before heading out. Holding the huge bags of his monthly needs.

...

"Jeez, you need to stop eating this thing," Hizashi said, slurping his ramen. Aizawa who's currently lying in his sleeping bag muttered, "Says the one who keeps eating my stock."

Hizashi chuckled, resting his leg on the nearby table as he changed the TV channel. He stopped on a news show.

"A group of youngsters claiming themselves as "The Raido Gang" robbed the Hosu Children Hospital."

The two heroes sighed as they heard the news. "They should've just rob a bank or a jewelry store if they wanted money," Aizawa uttered, "it's quick and all." Hizashi hummed in agreement.

After just another few minutes, Aizawa received a call, asking him to work on the mission. Since that means he'll need to pend his current mission, Aizawa frowned. And a bunch of childrens everywhere? How troublesome. But he agreed anyway, it's not like he got a choice.

"I gotta go," he said, pulling himself out of the sleeping bag, now heading to his room to grab his capture weapon. There aren't much time to change to his hero costume, but it doesn't really matter, other than him using a short-sleeved shirt, his current outfit looks pretty much like his hero costume. It's not like he got clothes of any other color than black, white and grey.

Hizashi can tell that he's heading out for a mission so he didn't ask further questions. 

...

It was the longest waiting hour she'd ever been in life. Due to some complication, she had to have a cesarean. With greater risk than normal childbirth and longer recovery time.

She'd be lying if she said it doesn't worry her. Emi decided to return back to Tokyo earlier due to the better medical teams, but this is beyond her expectations. Thankfully, Aika and her son-Hiko was there to support her. They've been her number one supporter to be honest, meeting them was the best thing that has ever happened to her.

Minutes passed, although it felt like hours. Her life playing like some movie before her eyes. She started to wonder if this all was a great idea or she'll just die and leave a kid behind. She thought of Shota, how maybe she should call him-not that she knew his number. She started imagining what the baby will look like and what his quirk will be. Will he become a hero too or will he pick another journey. Emi started wondering if she's good enough to be a mother despite the piles of parenting books she read this past months. But mostly, if she'll survive this.

"Aika-san," she called, "if anything happen to me, will you please take care of my baby?" Aika smiled, "That goes without saying," she said, "but nothing's happening to you, okay? You can handle this."

Before a number of medical teams dragged her to the operating room, the last thing she heard about was Aika saying, "You got this."

"It'd be nice to live," she muttered, smiling before the anesthesia slowly took her consciousness away.