twenty-four

"The both of you look so much younger here!" Ryouta uttered, examining the picture, "Look at you now, both old with backpain." Ryouta faked a cry. 

"I don't look so much different!" Emi protested. 

"Old, old, old," Ryouta continued teasing.

Aizawa watched as Emi ran after Ryouta, and the boy teasing her all over again. It was hard to admit. But the way he sees it, it seems...fun. And he...

...

Emi and Ryouta was waiting in the living room while Aizawa excused himself to shower. They could've gone home if they wanted to, but Ryouta wouldn't dare skipping his weekly television series.

Both eyes turned towards an opening door, slowly revealing Aizawa in a casual all-black outfit. His hair still wet, dripping water down his forehead and t-shirt and his face much clearer now that his bandages are off.

He greeted them with a surprised look, not expecting the two of them to still be there. Ryouta quickly turned his eyes back at the television, while Emi didn't realize she was staring.

"Joke," he called. Emi startled, "Oh."

"That's a deep cut, Eraser," she uttered, pointing the cut under Aizawa's left eyes. Aizawa hummed in agreement. "The Nomu's pretty strong, not to mention, the League of Villains."

With his eyes still locked on the screen, Ryouta uttered teasingly, "What is this place? A hero agency? Don't you both have real names?"

For no reason at all, Aizawa coughed awkwardly.

...

"I can help you clean that up if you want to," Emi uttered. Aizawa didn't think it as a bad idea so he agreed. He then sit on the couch next to Ryouta while Emi prepared the first aid kit.

She gently rubbed the alcohol under Aizawa's left eyes, her other hand holding his cheek just in case he moved. Aizawa felt his cheeks heatinf up as he looked at her in the eyes, hoping that it's nothing visible. But based on Emi's response, he's pretty sure it's dead obvious.

He heard Ryouta said, "Why am I here just to suffer." And Emi would reply to him with her usual Ms. Joke loving aura. She's such a good wi...mother.

...

"That Tomura Shigaraki," Ryouta uttered out of the blue, "was he there too? I was just thinking that maybe they attacked UA to capture me again."

Aizawa stayed silent for a moment before turning a soft smile at his son, "That's non of your concern," he said, "besides, their main objective is to kill Allmight. They might just want you to have your quirk, since it'll definitely be easier to kill Allmight without his quirk."

Kill Allmight? Ryouta thought, confused.

"but Aizawa-sensei, ...they didn't try to capture you," the raven-haired boy uttered, "you have Erasure too."

Aizawa smirked, "Don't underestimate me, kid," he said proudly, "I'm stronger than you think I am, might as well be the next symbol of peace."

Emi laughed hardly. She softly flicked her index finger to Aizawa's forehead, "More like symbol of sleep." The raven-haired hero chuckled.

"Allright we're done," Emi uttered proudly at Aizawa's well-patched bruises. Aizawa hummed as Emi stood up, "Do you mind if I use the toilet?" she asked. Aizawa shook his head, "But do use the one in my room instead, that one's broken."