three

Nemuri sighed as she took the seat next to Aizawa, pushing his legs away. Aizawa sat up and placed the other half of the sandwitch he haven't finished, chugging the coffee prepared for him. He couldn't ask for a better friend.

"You're an idiot," she said again. Aizawa glared at her, "You told me that already, okay? Even I know," he uttered.

"So...what are you going to do about it?" she asked, crossing her legs. "If you heard what I said to her you'd understand there's not much I can do to change anything," Aizawa uttered casually, grabbing a mission file scattered on the coffee table, "it's rational enough to just live our lives."

He was staring at the file, reading through the words, looking at the pictures, but it just passed right through his head and left before touching his memories. Even Nemuri could tell, Aizawa was a work maniac, but this got the best of him.

Nemuri held the folder down, forcing Aizawa to look at her with his slight annoyed gesture. "What?" he uttered.

"Shouldn't you go see her?" She suggested, "for closure at least." Aizawa hummed as he formed a thinking pose. He then look back at her and uttered, "No, thank you."

...

"For closure, I'm definitely doing this for closure," Aizawa thought to himself as he speed-walked towards Hawks' Agency, "mere closure."

"Is Ms. Joke around," he asked to the receptionist. "She left early this morning," she replied.

Like hell is he going to leave just like that. Aizawa decided to go to Hawks' office-the one thing he knew where exactly. There's a big chance he'd know the mission Emi's working on-that if she's actually workin on one. And maybe then he'll get to see her.

"Hawks," he uttered, entering the room. Hawks still stalling there like some mannequin, squinting as he saw Aizawa walkin in.

"Why is this that this day start with me seeing worn-out humans?" Hawks said referring to Emi and now Aizawa with his beaten-up face. Aizawa raised an eyebrow not quite understanding what he meant by that. "Where's Emi?" Aizawa asked to-the-point, resting his back against the wall.

I sure will kick this bastard in the face, he thought.

"What make you think I know?" Hawks asked, sitting on his desk with his arms crossed. "Cause you're her boss?" Aizawa replied casually.

Hawks sighed, "Look for yourself, Eraserman," he uttered, "I'm not down for your love issues."

...

Emi's not in her house either. And to his surprise, the key was placed under the mat, which is something she only do if she's out of town. But Aizawa knew he shouldn't me making conclusion too quickly.

Other than the furnitures, the house was pretty much empty. Aizawa went to check deeper, finding that her personal belongings all gone, leaving some of his clothes and the giant cat plushie he got her last christmas.

Aizawa took the pictured frame of him and Emi with the cats in a nearby cat cafe, giving it a closer look, realizing that that time somehow, for some reason he was smiling. He sighed, placing it on a table close to a half-filled coffee cup.

He dragged the cat plushie along as he left, it's too good to go to waste, he thought, and most likely Emi wouldn't want anything about him.

At least now he knows.