twenty-eight

Five minutes have passed and Aizawa was still trying to clean off whatever there is in his eyes-although he knew exactly whatever ashes in it should be gone by now. But for some reason, his left eye kept watering. 

As the raven-haired hero wanders around with one eye open, looking for an eye patch, a knife came rushing his way from the east side. Thanks to his hero instincts, he was able to catch it bare hand, although it results in quite a deep scratch on his palm. Aizawa sighed angrily, throwing the knife back to the open window with his bloody hand-someone must've broken in. 

Eventually, the eye patch was found, and Aizawa was grateful he had it in the first place. That's only obvious. This isn't the first time something so petty happens to him. Having an eyes-based quirk will lead you to damaging your eyes one way or another, that's basic knowledge. 

So he wiped the dripping blood to his black pants like some irresponsible adult and made his way out of the apartment. Walking through the empty street, his steps were quite loud to be heard from a visible distance-probably due to the ear-breaking silence going on. 

Aizawa pulled another cigarette from his pocket and lit it up-both with his left, less troubling hand, while his right hand hanging, dripping blood prints down the street. Until he reached a 24-hour shop, grabbed a roll of bandages, and left-tipping way too much than he should've. 

He wrapped his own hand with it quickly, and throw the rest down the bin by the street, throwing the cigar tucked in between his lips at the same time. 

"Eraserhead," A voice.

Aizawa turned his head back, knowing exactly where the voice came from. His half-lidded eyes staring right through the familiar figure as if they've never met before. And even when they did, it wasn't one of those friendly visits. 

"What?" He uttered. Shigaraki standing there, walking towards him like some old friend, grinning. "Easy, Shota-san," Shigaraki uttered, almost teasingly, "I didn't mean to be rude in USJ, actually I'm here to apologize. But really, what's with the eye patch? Cosplaying Captain Hook?"

"What do you want... Shigaraki," Aizawa uttered coldly, tucking both his hands in his pocket, "bold of you trying to capture my son, seems like you really do learn something from your master."

"Cause unlike you I don't betray the one person that saved me," Shigaraki uttered casually. "That's only because I know when someone's truly noble or just trying to make use of me. But it doesn't matter how many times I tell you, you're obsessed with the man. I'm out." Aizawa took a leave, walking into a dark alley-a shortcut to his apartment. 

...

"Starting from now on, you can call me father-that's only if you want to, it's not a must," All for One said, kneeling in front of the two boys. Tomura, the boy he just rescued and Shota, the boy he rescued years ago-with a strange smile on his face. Fifteen-years old Shota and five-years old Tomura. The smaller boy's eyes widen for a little before turning them to the older boy beside him, the tired-looking, sleep deprived, cat sweatered boy. 

"What is your name?" Tomura asked as he finally get the courage to speak up. All for One hummed, as if thinking before answering, "That's the problem, I don't have a name. I guess if you don't want to call me father you can just call me by your favourite animal." 

Tomura giggled and so did All for One. 

It's been a months since Shota started his high-school days in UA, as a spy for All for One. He was in General Studies the first few months-until the day after the sports festival. Being in the hero course will be a real help for All for One, to spy on future heroes-there's no school just quite close to UA. 

Listening stories about Shota from the other kids inspired Tomura in a lot of ways. So he strived to be like him.

...

"You were quite useful, I figure it was because of your quite heroic quirk," Shigaraki uttered, "I'd do anything for master. If not you, your son works just as well."

"As if you'd be able to persuade him to enter your foolish community," Aizawa replied, now actually walking away. 

"You know the way, Shota-san," Shigaraki slightly yelled at the growing distance, "Reach them from the weak spot!"

...

Ryouta's standing by the door in a fighting stance like he did for the past 20 minutes. If anything, he shouldn't let Shigaraki anywhere near him.  Sl there he stood, with a gun pointing at the door. 

He wonder if Shigaraki's decaying quirk works on dead objects. Even so,  if he can just manage to catch him off guard it might work out. Unfortunately,  that's his only shot.  There is no way he can fight the man head on. Someone even Aizawa-sensei had trouble defeating.

If anything, there's a possibility that Shigaraki will enter any moment now.  Or he might send someone else like he did before.  All the possibilities are driving the raven-haired boy crazy.

"Is anyone home?" Ryouta heard a voice.  A voice he recognized.  Aizawa's. 

Impersonating quirk? He thought to himself as he kept quiet, slowly walking back. 

"Hello?" Aizawa called again. 

"Why would Aizawa-sensei come here?  There's no way he know where I live.  Did mom send him? Problably not," Ryouta muttered, but before he knew it the door cracked open. Fortunately revealing eye-patched Shota Aizawa.

The raven-haired hero's eyes caught the gun on Ryouta's shaky hand as he stared at him with widen yet relieved eyes.  "Hm... What happened?" he asked awkwardly, still holding to the door. 

Ryouta didn't answer,  he sighed relieved, dumping himself on the couch.

Aizawa walked in, his eyes wandering around the living room. Scattered glass and a medium-sized rock on the floor. He can't help but think that it's Shigaraki's doing.

"Someone break in?" he uttered, sitting beside the boy. "Seems like it," Ryouta replied, "by the way, what made you come, sensei?"

"I'm sorry, it's my fault, it's because of my quirk he's trying to capture you." Ryouta chuckled, "I thought you said it's mine."

"Well, it's true,  but you know."

"I'm home," said a voice. Emi Fukukado walking in completely worn out, her coat hanging on her shoulder as she made her way in. 

"Eraser? Why are you here? And what happened to the window?"