twenty-two

One Week Later

Ryouta didn't make it to the USJ training. He heard about what happened then, the attack by the League of Villains. He wonder if it has anything to do with him. They might be attacking class 1A to get him back right? Or he might just be thinking it, they're villains after all, that's just what they do for a living. 

That's why that morning on his first day back to school, Ryouta was a bit hesitant. His mother seem to read his mind pretty well, and due to his recovering injuries, Emi insisted to drive him to school herself. 

Bandages were still wrapping around his chest all the way to his torso, not that it's any visible with his uniform shirt on. He can move fine though, which is a good thing. But what bothers him so much is that the moment he passed through an unfamiliar mummy looking man. 

Ryouta gasped the moment he saw the full body casted man in the school corridor, having a good guess who it might be. The raven-haired hero stopped as soon as he saw the boy, "Good to see you well," he said. Ryouta hummed, although it's a bit awkward getting those words from a man looking much worse. "Are you okay, sensei?" asked Ryouta, concerned. 

The raven-haired didn't know why, but behind the bandages covering most parts of his face, he was smiling, a soft warm smile like never before in the past decade-not that it's visible to the boy. Aizawa coughed to hide it, then hummed. "I'll manage," he said. Ryouta nodded in understanding. 

"I would like to thank you for helping me," Ryouta started, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "and sorry for disturbing you." Aizawa slightly shook his head, "Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, I'm your dad after all." Aizawa didn't realize it until he mentioned it and suddenly felt his chest tighten anxiously. 

He want to die. 

Fortunately, his dying expression is hidden behind the bandages. But to his surprise, the boy was smiling widely. His eyes beaming from what he thought was joy as if Aizawa's words was what he'd been waiting for, resembling his mother, the well known Ms. Joke. All his life, Aizawa pictured Ryouta as a duplicate of himself. But that smile, that smile is Emi's. 

But just after a few seconds, the smile is gone. Aizawa couldn't tell if it was because the joy he was feeling was gone or he's just hiding it like he did. But if he could ask one thing, the raven-haired hero wanted it back. 

"Yes, thankyou, sensei," Ryouta uttered, starting with another smile, but different. Aizawa thought something was off, so he laid a hand on the boy's shoulder, "Is anything wrong?" he asked. Ryouta shook his head politely, "No," he uttered, grinning, "I'm glad you said that."

Aizawa hesitantly hummed but soon let it pass. "Alright, get to class or you're expelled," Aizawa uttered teasingly. Ryouta chuckled, "Oh I'm scared," he said. Aizawa turned a soft smile.

"Sensei," Ryouta uttered excitedly as he run towards class 1A, "It's a race! Or you're expelled!" 

Aizawa chuckled, letting the boy have his victory. There's no way he can run like this. 

...

Ryouta entered the class now filled with familiar faces. He was welcomed with a few greetings from Denki, Midoriya and a sharp glare from Bakugo. Some of the girls simply stared at him in a peculiar welcoming look. 

Ryouta took his seat, slowly turning his back to hang his bag on his chair, taking a notebook and a pen for later. He rested his back, rubbing his pained abdomen and chuckled. He shouldn't have run like that but it was fun. 

Soon the mummy-like hero entered the class, slowly walking in. The class seemed to be surprised, gasping in unison. Aizawa's eyes first fell on the raven-haired boy, who's proudly grinning for winning his one-sided contest. 

"Aizawa-sensei, you're back already?" Ochako asked in disbelief.  

"Are you okay?"

And so on. 

Now that he look at it, Aizawa look messed up. With all those cast and bandages, he can imagine how much injuries he suffered from. Nomu isn't it? He wonder how strong this Nomu person is to beat Aizawa like that. Or if he's a person at all. Could he be some type of monster? But if it was actually the League of Villains, that Shigaraki should be there right? Ryouta wonder if Aizawa's injuries have anything to do with his decaying quirk. 

"Enough," Aizawa uttered, cutting all the worried faces off, "We will hold a sport festival, so get ready." 

All the students stared at their raven-haired teacher, dumbfounded. "Is that okay, sensei?" a student asked, "the League of Villains might start another attack with so many people gathering." 

"Precisely because of that," Aizawa uttered, half-heartedly, "it's easier to capture them with our security level. Besides, they will definitely think twice before deciding to attack a hero-school like UA." 

After class, during his peaceful sleeping time, Ryouta heard students from the other classes coming by. And as expected, Bakugo sweeping them off, calling them 'extras' like he did with his own classmates. That boy need a little more attitude dose. But he could care less.  

...

"Ryouta-kun!" 

The raven haired boy heard a voice calling him. And so he turned around, an eyebrow raised, questioning who it might be. Momo. Ryouta awkwardly resplied, "Um..yeah? Yaoyorozu, what can I help you with?" 

"I-I heard that you'd be coming back today, so I um...kind of made you a sandwitch," She stuttered, awkwardly holding a white bag. Ryouta stared at her, confused. "But that's only if you'd like it," Momo uttered quickly at his lack of response, "I'll just give it to someone else." She then walked away, but was quickly stopped by Ryouta's hand gripping her's. 

Momo turned around, surprised to see Ryouta grinning. He picked the bag from her hand, curiously looking at the box inside. As he was staring into the bag he uttered, "There's no way I'm letting you go with this." The raven-haired boy looked up to her, grinning, "It's mine!" 

Momo's eyes widen and she started feeling her cheeks heating up. "Thankyou," she said. "I should be the one thanking you," Ryouta uttered as he opened the box, with the bag straps hanging on his arm. He took a bite and look up to her, "It's good," he mumbled in between bites. 

At that moment, Momo's face felt like burning. So she quickly turned around after saying, "Okay, bye." And started rushing away. Ryouta's head slightly tilted in confusion as he watches her back getting further away. 

I wonder if she want some too, he thought.