fourteen

"Mom you didn't have to," the boy said. Ryouta pouted at the breakfast her mother just made. How is this not a full course lunch? He might be going for his UA entrance exam. But this, this is too much. Besides, it'll only pressure him with expecting too much of himself only to end up letting his mother down if he end up failing.

"Come on, eat up," Emi uttered, grinning. She took a day off today, Ryouta was against it but it was as expected from his mother. She even mentioned about coming to watch, but he was able to persuade her not to.

Ryouta eat as much as he could, making sure not to reach the point where it'll cause him trouble later on. But he knew Emi wake up early in the morning just to prepare it.

"Thank you for the food," he uttered before standing up, picking his bag from a nearby couch. "You sure you don't want me to drop you there?" Emi asked. Ryouta shook his head slightly, "I'll just walk and warm-up a bit," he said, "there's something I'd like to try out."

...

"Now let's see," the raven haired boy muttered, picking black fingerless-gloves from his bag, putting it on.  He tried clenching his hand slowly, white string-like things started coming out of his fist. Ryouta hummed, it seemed to be working.

Knowing her son wanted to be a hero, Emi spend her day off training him ever since he was 8, especially since his quirk isn't combat related. That gloves was one of her inventions back in high-school when she was trying to find what weapon/support item works best for her. For some reason, she didn't end up using it and choose another item instead.

...

Ryouta clenched his hands to a fist, faster this time. Aiming the strings to stick to different poles and buildings, dragging himself closer to UA, faster than his legs ever could. The morning wind brushing his raven hair soothingly somehow relaxing his earlier tensed shoulder. Ryouta sighed, "Entrance exam, it can't be that bad."

He knows that Aizawa is teaching there, as well as the fact that he's his biological father. But they haven't met each other in years, actually since he found out or since he was 6 to be exact. It doesn't really matter anyway, his mother is enough for him.

...

Ryouta arrived earlier than he planned it to be, not much of the students are there yet, only some of the early birds-which he hate to be a part of. He should've use some extra sleep.

Ryouta deactivate the gloves and started walking in, his eyes wandering around the building. It'd be nice if he can make it her although he did sign up for Ketsubutsu just in case. Emi told him that in the skill he is now, the entrance exam shouldn't be a problem, even against robots. He hope she wasn't just saying it. Besides, if the other students applied for UA, they must be pretty confident with their skills right?

After another 15 minutes or so pretty much all the students have arrived. They were told to enter the school hall, with Present Mic doing some opening speech. It was rather boring, and Present Mic was too loud for Ryouta's liking.

...

On the way to the examination ground, Ryouta spend his time observing the other students. A loud blonde calling everyone extras, a rock-quirked redhead, a green-haired boy standing all the way back, a pikachu, a bird and a lot more. Ryouta stood in one of the front lines before the entrance gate, for some reason grateful that mostly everyone looks quite nervous.

"Robots?" he heard them say. To his surprise quite a number of them didn't know. Even without his mom telling him, it's quite obvious that they'd be fighting robots. What did they expect? Civilans? Pro-heroes? Some kind of animals?

And so the entrance exam started.

...

All the teachers were watching the exam from the CCTV room of the cameras set in different sides of the field. An automatic counter listing the points of every students.

"Sho," Hizashi called the hobo-looking hero who's standing all the way back with his back resting against the wall, his arms crossed and his eyes closed. It's safe to assume that he's somehow sleeping or at least wishing to be asleep instead. The raven-haired hero hummed in reply. "You're assigned of class 1A this year, they're your future students, you should watch." As much as he hate it, what Hizashi said was true. So he grabbed a chair and started watching.

Hizashi was reading the students' information from a list card switching one based on who's shown on the screen. "Fukukado Ryouta," Hizashi muttered as the boy appeared on-screen, reading his card. "Seems like he didn't mention his quirk here, I wonder if he's quirkless."

Aizawa didn't reply, knowing exactly who that is. Instead, he turned all his mind into watching, impressed by the boy's fighting ability and his control over his support item. He haven't used his quirk at all yet.