thirty-six

"Are you sure, sir?" the nurse asked surprised as Aizawa told her he'd like to go home that night. His friends and son had just left a while ago. "I am, so please if there's anything I need to sign." The nurse hesitantly nodded. She's been asking him to stay for a while, he didn't seem to be changing his mind. Before he knew it, the nurse left the room.

The erasure hero then changed to his normal clothes, which is quite troublesome with the tubes in his hand, but he managed somehow. He felt better than before, not much better but at least enough to stand on his own feet. He then called the cab before signing the papers. The nurse had the tubes pulled out earlier.

Aizawa's head was covered with the hoodie as he walked through the corridor. Fortunately, the cab driver was nearby so he didn't need to wait for long. Aizawa entered the taxi and simply mentioned his address. 

"Eraserhead, aren't you?"

"I am."

"I watched you years ago winning the UA sports festival, I knew you'd be great back then." 

"Thank you."

"So, were you visiting someone?"

"Something like that."

...

Aizawa lay on his bed,  with his arm covering his eyes. His throbbing head prevented him from sleeping. But eventually, he did, out of exhaustion.

...

Loud knocking on his door. Aizawa sighed. At times like this, all he needed was for everyone to stay away. But the person kept knocking, so he had no choice but to walk off his bed.

"What the heck, Eraser?" Emi uttered, half yelling. In her eyes he can see anger yet she seemed relieved. "What the heck what?" The erasure hero asked confused. He's barely awake yet.

"What do you think you're doing? The nurse said you left."

"Maybe because I did?"

Aizawa saw the disappointment in her eyes. The erasure hero then sighed in defeat. "Sorry, I should have told you, I got things to do today, I can't possibly miss it."

"But still-"

"Why don't you come in? I'll make you some tea," The erasure hero uttered, walking in. Emi followed from behind.

...

"So...what's this thing you need to do?" Emi said as Aizawa placed her cup of tea on the table. She watched as Aizawa turned around to sit on the couch.

"Well..." He started thinking, "you can call it a preventing mission, or a bartering mission, it's quite hard to explain actually, but it's my responsibility."

Emi didn't really understand what he's talking about, but she let it pass. If anything, it must be important.

"Don't you have some teaching to do?"

...

With Emi gone, Aizawa was alone again. Hizashi told him that he'd be taking care of his class for as long as he needed, which was really helpful.

...

"Shota-san, you shouldn't have come today, you look terrible," the wrinkled hobo uttered, "besides, I've been longing for some young blood." Aizawa turned him a sharp glare, "Watch what you're saying. You know what I can do if you mess around with our deal." 

Shigaraki's eyes widen, knowing exactly what he's talking about. The truth is that All for one still values Aizawa more than Shigaraki. He longs for his quirk. It was his intention after all to erase all the quirks of the world. 

Aizawa took the seat prepared for him, the same seat he had been sitting on daily for the past week. "You can call me irrational for doing this, but at least it gives me a little guarantee that you won't be doing any shit when I'm not watching-since you won't have a reason to. If there's anything I know about you it's that you're a pretty reasonable person. So call yourself winning this time. But if once I encounter you walking in the same street as my son, you're gone." 

Shigaraki didn't even bother to reply with his proud words. He simply ordered the nurse to get it over with. At times like this, even he gets shivers around the erasure hero. The thought of him years back made his blood crawls. 

...

Aizawa walked out of the building. He was wearing a black baseball cap for some reason. It wasn't usual for him to be wearing it but his black wavy hair made him easily recognizable-even when it's partly tied back-at least for those who personally know him.

He gasped as he saw Ryouta standing in front of him, staring deep into his soul. "Hi?" 

"Aizawa-sensei, why are you in Shigaraki's hideout?"