twenty-six

Emi walked through the hallway, trying to find the school health unit. But in a school as big as UA, she should've guessed that it won't be easy. The seafoam-haired hero wanders to an odd-looking room and decided to ask someone for direction.

She knocked the door softly before pushing the door. Entering her face to see an old-women in nurse clothing-someone she recalls as Recovery Girl. "Excuse me," she uttered, getting her attention.

"If it's not Ms. Joke," Recovery Girl uttered happily.

On the bed was Ryouta. As soon as their eyes met, Emi made her way in, she's in the right room after all. "Congratulation," she uttered softly, "you did great."

"Could've done better," the boy uttered dull. "Well, if you'll keep that pride of yours and actually use your quirk you might actually make it first," Emi replied teasingly, flicking Ryouta's cheek, "don't act like I didn't notice."

Ryouta's eyes widen. "Sorry," he muttered, looking down.

Emi rubbed the boy's wavy hair, turning a soft closed-eyes smile, "That's not it, I'm proud of you. You have your reasons."

At this point, recovery girl was done with treating Ryouta and decided to leave the room for the two of them.

"But next time, I'd appreciate it if you'll use it for defense at least," Emi pouted, folding her arms, "I almost got a heart attack, that was one intense fight."

Ryouta chuckled lightly, rubbing the back of his neck. The medical treatment was wearing him out.

The door opened, slowly revealing a familiar tired face. Emi and Ryouta turned their eyes towards the door almost immediately, Aizawa gasped as he saw the two of them-or more like as he saw the seafoam-haired women there. He should've guesssed that she'd be there.

"Oh. I- I'll come back later," he stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck as he awkwardly turn around.

"Shota," Emi called to his surprise, "you can stay."

Ryouta raised his eyesbrows in surprise to his mother referring his homeroom teacher by name. "Oh," he muttered.

"Okay," the raven-haired hero uttered lowly, slowly walking towards them. "Shota, huh?" Ryouta uttered teasingly, "I've never really heard anyone call you that, sensei. To be honest, this is pretty awkward."

"Ryouta!" Emi lightly yelled, replied by a soft-chuckle from the teen.

"I...come to check," Aizawa uttered, changing the subject.

"On my mother?" Ryouta uttered teasingly.

"Ryouta!"

The raven-haired boy laughed at his parent's face. "Sorry, sorry," he uttered, "Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it. And I'm fine, by the way."

...

The seafoam-haired hero received a call for a mission and sighed in defeat as she was forced to leave so early. Emi kissed Ryouta in the forehead and waved Aizawa goodbye before quickly making her way out.

It was complete silent to a few minutes after her departure. And when Aizawa was about to start a conversation, saying, "I-" Ryouta cut him off.

"I know what you're trying to say, sensei," Ryouta uttered, much in a colder tone-the kind he wouldn't show when Emi's around. "If you feel the need to speak to me as my so called biological father than you're just troubling yourself with unecessarry business. Cause really, you shouldn't mind me personally. "

"It's yours, you can use it."

Ryouta hummed, a strange smile on his face. "You see," he started, "My mother taught me well. She trained me everything first-hand. I don't want you having the pleasure with people thinking I won by using your quirk. She wouldn't mind, I know that, but still. So if for once you think I did things for you and your privacy and all, you're falling for the wrong concept. Cause I'm doing this for me and my family."

...

Ryouta's words ringing in his head as he sat by the teacher's lounge. The awarding ceremony was long passed, most of the students and audience are home by now.

He was reminded with the call Emi received of a mission. He wonders if Ryouta will have anyone to drop him home. But later that he think of it, he shouldn't mind.

It was playing in his head what the boy said earlier. Aizawa couldn't tell if it was out of hatred or something else. Should he feel responsible?

"Baby Shota did great," he heard someone say-and of course, it was Hizashi casually walking in with some other teachers who quickly grab their bags to leave after the long ass day.

Aizawa rolled his eyes. That blonde needs to stop calling Ryouta that, not much knows about him, not that he cares. So he simply hummed in agreement. He was right though. Aizawa couldn't help but feel impressed by the boy's combat and analytic skills, he must've gone through tough training as a child.

"But even so I felt like he's holding back," Hizashi muttered with a thinking pose, " that kid got real potential."

"Where are you going?" The blonde uttered as he noticed Aizawa casually walking away.

"Home."