sixteen

"It's just me or that Ryouta Fukukado looks a lot like you," Hizashi uttered to his fellow colleague who's quietly staring at his computer, "I think I know a Fukukado."

"Quit it, Zashi," Aizawa rolled his eyes, scrolling through a document, "I know you know it already, you work in Hawks' agency after all." Hizashi chuckled, turning his chair facing the raven-haired hero who simply sighed, annoyed.

"So how's your father and son bonding day going?" the blonde hero asked excitedly. "If by that you mean first day of hero course, it's going alright," the raven-haired hero uttered, his eyes still wandering around the screen.

"Does he know?" Hizashi asked again, now with much of a serious tone. Aizawa hummed, "Who knows?" he said, "probably."

"Shota," Hizashi yelled in an angry and dissapointed tone at Aizawa's indifferent response. "What," Aizawa uttered indifferently, not even in a questioning manner.

Hizashi sighed, giving up. "What are you doing anyway?" he asked. "For God's sake, Hizashi," his tone slightly risen, "can you leave me alone?" Hizashi's eyes widen, startled at the raven-haired hero who's now deadly staring at him.

...

What's up with him being so grumpy, well that's to be expected from the underground hero Grumpyhead, Hizashi chuckled at his own thought. They've been friends since high school. That's just how Aizawa is. He's quite distant with exposing his true feelings that sometimes he simply snap out and tend to sound rude. So Hizashi didn't take it personally when he yelled like that.

He passed through the corridor and saw a raven-haired boy walking out of class 1A, his black backpack hanging on his right shoulder as he pulled the classroom door close.

As their eyes meet, Ryouta silently gasped at the view of the hero staring at him, smiling. He got out much later than his classmates, so that view sure was creepy. Ryouta sighed.

"Ryouta-kun, sorry to surprise you," Hizashi uttered. Ryouta shook his head politely, "My bad, Sir," he uttered, "I wasn't looking."

Hizashi hummed, "No need for formalities," he said. "I'd prefer it if you don't mind," Ryouta replied, "besides, I'm here as a student not Ms. Joke's son." The blonde hero chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. This child sure is older than his age, "if you insist," he said.

...

"I'm home," Ryouta uttered as he pushed the door open, revealing the empty living room. His eyes wandering around each corner, wondering where Emi is. "Welcome home," he heard Emi yell somewhere from the inside.

Ryouta opened his shoes, tossed his bag to his room before walking towards the couch in the living room, turning on the television-still in his uniform. It was almost 7 PM when he arrived. It was a long day, walking home wasn't a good idea after all. The capture gloves has been straining his hand during the training with Allmight, forcing him to take the long way home.

Emi walked out of her room in her hero costume. Ryouta stared at her as she walked, eventually taking the seat next to him.

"My standard for girls are too high now that my mom's this hot," he uttered teasingly. Emi pinched his nose playfully as she chuckled, "you flirt."

"How's your first day of school?" the seafoam-haired hero asked. "Not bad," Ryouta uttered. "I see," Emi uttered, "have you got any friends yet?"

"I know you're going for night patrol, mom," Ryouya uttered, changing the subject, "it's alright, you don't have to stay and ask typical parental questions," he chuckled teasingly.

Emi stared at him sadly or much more dissapointed in herself. She did say that it's her day off after all. Also, it's the first day of high-school, Ryouta need her there. "I'm sorry, Ryouta," she said. "No need for that," he uttered, chuckling, "now get up and catch some villains."

Emi stood up, rubbing the boy's hair as she grabbed her document from the coffee table. "I ordered pizza for dinner, is that alright?"

The boy nodded. "And the money's in the lower cupboard in my room, in a black wooden box. Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, if I don't answer and it's really important you can call Hawks or maybe Era-"

"I got it, mom," Ryouta uttered cutting her off. Emi stared at him for a while before nodding, walking towards the door.

"Mom," Ryouta called.

Emi hummed, turning her head at him, "Yes?"

"Stay safe," the boy muttered. Emi turned a soft closed-eyes smile, pointing a peace hand sign, "I will."