fifteen

One week later

It was expected, Ryouta got accepted for hero studies and will be a part of class 1-A. The entrance exam wasn't as hard as he thought it would be and most of the overconfident students he met in the entrance gate didn't seem to pass. But he couldn't care less.

The class was almost full by the time he arrived, leaving just one seat somewhere in the middle row beside the loud blonde he met on the exam whose name was Bakugo.

Ryouta placed his arm on the table, resting his chin on it, thinking of some sleep. Supposedly there'd be another 5 minutes before class started.

...

"This is the hero course not a supermarket," said a voice, clearing all the noise. Ryouta raised his head towards the door, to the view of a worn-out man in a yellow cocoon and some of the students standing by the door, gasping.

So he's my homeroom teacher, Ryouta thought.

"I'm Shota Aizawa, your homeroom teacher," Shota uttered, his half-lidded eyes slowly falling to Ryouta but didn't sign any expression.

"Homeroom teacher? Is he a pro-hero?" Ryouta heard some of the students talking to each other.

"Just because you made it this far doesn't mean you're safe," the man uttered, "I got my own criteria and entrance test so listen carefully or you're all expelled." Everyone except for Ryouta and the fire-ice boy immediately made a surprised gesture.

...

Class 1A students were standing in line, waiting for their turn to throw a ball as a part of the test Aizawa is talking about.

As it was his turn, Ryouta walked a step forward, lazily excepting the ball Aizawa handed him. It's heavier than a basketball despite its baseball size, but again it's lighter than he thought it'd be.

The other students point measure from 20 metre to infinity. Well, infinity due to Uraraka's zero gravity quirk-it was expected. If Ryouta can just manage to pass 20 metre he's safe.

Ryouta pull off the glove covering his right-hand, tucking it in his pocket. He tightened his grip on the ball, quietly staring at it before throwing it away.

Aizawa noticed something was odd with his gesture. He tossed his capture weapon, catching the ball mid-air. Ryouta gasped, so did the entire class. How is it even possible to catch a ball like that?

"If you're not going to take this seriously, don't even try to enter my class," Aizawa uttered, his eyes staring sharp at the raven-haired boy. His quirk was activated, and so his eyes turned red and his hair floating tensing the atmosphere even more. Everyone fell silent.

"What do you mean?" Ryouta asked, taking a step back. "Holding back your power is an insult to those giving it their all," he uttered.

...

The test ended with Ryouta ranking fourth. The raven-haired boy walked away earlier than his classmates, with his hands tucked in his pocket, walking through the corridor.

"Just who do he think he is," Ryouta muttered, staring at the ground. He sighed, frustrated. Just when he thought he can pass this school year in peace.

He passed through Aizawa on his way back to class, probably heading to the teacher's lounge. They made eye-contact. Ryouta politely bow at him as a greeting. "Congratulation on making it to UA," Aizawa uttered as he stopped. Ryouta raised his eyebrows, surprised, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly before replying, "Thank you...Sir."

"Emi trained you well," the raven-haired hero uttered again, turning a soft smile. Ryouta sighed, squinting his eyes, "...yeah."