Chapter 28

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,970 words}

(Third Person Point-of-View}

Y/N crouched down in fromt of her mother's grave and cleaned the dirt on top of her mother's tomb using her hands. She then placed the boquet of white roses she bought on top of her mother's tomb and lit up a candle.

Levi who's behind Y/N kept silent and just watched the blue-eyed lady visiting her mother.

"Hey, mom. I'm sorry if I haven't been able to visit you. You see, I joined the survey corps instead of the MPB, it's pretty busy in the scouting regiment." Y/N said with a smile. She sat down on the grass just in fromt of her mother's tomb. "I'm sure you already know. I've already met my dad. I'm very happy about it, I hope you are, too. But I never really thought that my father is a high-ranking soldier."

The commander's daughter let out a small laugh. Levi smiled a bit. He loved the sounds of Y/N's laugh.

"Mom, you were wrong. When you thought dad don't love you, you're wrong. He loves you. You two just didn't have the right chance to be together. A lot of things in the past prevented the two of you from being together. It's very sad, maybe if it really ended up you two being married, maybe...just maybe we won't heve to suffer like this." Y/N said.

Her voice cracked and Levi already knows that she's crying.

"Mom, I remember now. I remember how you died. And I'm sorry for really forgetting it. I shouldn't have forgotten it. I shouldn't have made myself believe that you were killed by the interior MPS because of me. I'm sorry for messing up my own mind."

Levi stared at Y/N who's hugging her knees and crying while taking to her mother. He just let her be. After all, the reasom why Y/N visited her mother is because she wants to let all her burden of emotions to be gone.

She's thinking that maybe if she goes to her mom and open up, she'll feel better. Even if it's only temporary, she wants to at least feel better.

"I have a lot of unanswered questions, mom. I want to ask you but I know you can't answer me. Ahh. All this time, I've been living my life with so much mysteries. I don't even know how to start unveiling all the truths that you don't want to tell me."

Y/N put both of her hands over head.

"Mom, please save me."

Levi was surprisee because of what
Y/N said.

"I...I feel like anytime I'm going to lose my mind."

Y/N started sobbing like a child. A child crying in front of her mother.

Levi clenched her fist while staring at Y/N. He wants to make her feel better. He wants her to heal soon, but he knows that won't be easy. Just thinking about Y/N suffering more is making him anxious. He wants her to feel free and peaceful. She deserves it.

The captain sat down beside Y/N, never minding the grass if it's filthy or not. He wrapped his arm around
Y/N's shoulder and pulled her close to him. Y/N buried her face onto Levi's chest as she cries more for her pain.

The two stayed like that for a while. Levi comforting Y/N and Y/N getting comfort from Levi. It's a lovely sight to see. A man with scars from his past and currently having more because of the present is comforting a woman with also scars from her past and is currently having more because of the present. Two people with heavy and painful stories are seeking comfort from each other.

Y/N sighed and sat up straight. She's already done crying, Levi took out a hankdkerchief on his pocket. He held Y/N's chin and made her to look at him. Y/N was stunned but she smiled softly when Levi started wiping the tears on her eyes and cheeks.