Chapter 44

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,408 words}

-The Retaking of Wall Maria-

"Target approaching from the front!"

Everyone looked up and saw Bertholdt flying in the air using his stolen vertical maneuvering equipment. "It's Bertholdt!" Y/N shouted. She clenched her first and glared at Reiner.

So, Bertholdt. I guess I have no choi e but to kill you, too. Y/N thought.

"Continue as plan! Squad Levi, follow Y/N's command! Protect Eren! Everyone else, work together to eliminate our two targets! Finish off the armored titan! As for the colossal titan, continue as planned! Wear it down by forcing it to use it's strength!" Hange said.

Everyone nod and made their way to their enemies. "Protect Eren! If Bertholdt comes for Ereb, we will kill him! If we let him live, he'll transform and cause a destruction in this abandoned town. We'll be killed, too! So, if he charges at us, don't hesitate and kill him!"

Y/N said to her squadmates while they fly in the air with their equipments. All of their blades are ready.

Mikasa, Jean and Eren were the only ones who nod. Sasha and Connie still looked hesitant while Armin seems to be thinking about something.

Mikasa! Make sure Bertholdt won't come near Eren!" Y/N said to Mikasa.

"Yes!"

"Eren! Make sure to protect everyone, too! Especially Mikasa, she'll be on guard for you." Y/N said to Eren.

"HMM..." Eren's titan nod and hummed.

"Jean! Be ready to take command after me! You'll be my assistant today." Y/N said to Jean.

"Okay!"

"Sasha and Connie! Stop hesitating and clear your minds! You'll die if you don't get yourself together!" Y/N said to the duo.

"Y-yes!"

"Armin-"

"Wait, Hange and Y/N!" Armin said.

Hange and Y/N looked at him.

"Huh?" They both said in unison.

"What is it, Armin?!" Hange asked.

"This is it! It's our last chance to negotiate!" Armin said.

Everyone looked at him with disbelief. The blonde boy used more gas to go faster. He then landed on a roof, Bertholdt is still in the air.

Y/N and the others stopped. She landed on Eren's right shoulder while her squadmates are on some house's roofs.

"Bertholdt!! Stop where you are!" Armin shouted.

Bertholdt stopped and landed on a roof just across from where Armin is.

"Bertholdt!!! Let's talk!!!" Armin shouted.

Y/N hissed. "What in the world is Armin thinking?" Y/N spoke.

"Bertholdt...just look at his face. He doesn't look like he's interested to talk. After what we did to Reiner, he looks like he finally lose his cool."