Chapter 2

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,156 words}

Instructor Shadis stopped in front of a boy with a round face and blond hair that is cut in the style of a bob. He has large expressive blue eyes with brown eyebrows.

"Hey, maggot."

"Sir!"

The blond-boy saluted to their instructor.

"What's your name, maggot?!"

"Armin Arlert of Shiganshina district, sir!"

Y/N raised her brows upon hearing where Armin came from. She thought that if he was from Shiganshina, then maybe he was on THAT DAY. That day when wall Maria was breached.

"Is that right?! What a dumb name! Your parents give it you?!"

Y/N internally hissed.

How can he insult someone's name?

"My grandfather did, sir!"

"Arlert! What the hell did you come here, for?!"

"To make myself useful in the struggle for humanity's victory, sir!"

Y/N's lips twitched upon hearing Armin's answer. She finds the blond-boy's answer mighty admirable. Though Y/N thinks Armin is physically weak just by one look, she can feel that Armin might have an intelligent mind that he can use in everyway he wants.

"Well that's mighty admirable! I think I'm gonna make you titan chow, maggot!" Shadis held Armin's head and forcibly turned him around.

"Row three turn around!"

Shadis went to the other row of cadet trainees. He stopped in front of a young man with spiky, gray hair shaved into an undercut style, with the shaved portion being black. He has small, intense brown eyes and is of average heeight and muscular build.

"What's your name, maggot?!"

"Jean Kirstein from Trost district, sir!"

"What did you come here for?!"

Jean flashed a cocky grin which made Y/N laughed without sound. Of course she can't laugh out loud or else she might get disciplinary actions.

"To get into the military police brigade and live in the interior, sir." Jean said.

Y/N smirked and shook her head. He's honest. But his honesty will put him in a lot of trouble. Y/N thought to herself.

"I see! You want to go to the interior, do you?"

"Yes, sir!"

Shadis suddenly head-butted Jean which made Y/N shut her eyes and bit her lip to stop herself from laughing. She clenched her fist and took a deep breath.

Jean fell on the ground. He whined and rubbed his forehead.

C'mon, Y/N. Don't laugh at the horseface. Y/N thought, begging herself not to burst out laughing.

"Hey! Who gave you permission to sit down?! You think someone who folds HERE is gonna be allowed into the MPB?!"

Shadis shook his head and left Jean on the ground. He walked towards a boy with above-average height and broad, muscular build. He had short, parted brown hair, freckles, and light brown eyes.

"What's your name, maggot?!"

"Marco Bott, Jinae town, wall Rose south district, sir!"

"What'd you come here for?!"