Chapter 20

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,138 words}

"I'm telling the truth! I know I heard foosteps!" Sasha said while raising both of her arms.

Y/N nod her head. "I believe you, Sasha. I'll go inform-" Y/N wasn't able to continue her sentence when Nanaba appearded outside the window.

Nanaba quickly opened the window. "Is everyone here?" Nanaba asked.

"Nanaba?" Krista muttered.

"We have multiple titans nearby, 500 meters to the south. They're walking this way. There's no time for you to change into your combat uniforms. Get on horsback immediately. Sweep through and evacuate nearby houses and villages. Got that?" Nanaba said.

The 104th all stiffened upon hearing the news. Y/N clenched her jaw and fist. I knew something's gonna go wrong. This was really a bad idea.

"From the south?" Connie muttered.

"Oh...!" Sasha said as if she realized something.

"So...They broke through the wall?" Reiner asked Bertholdt.

Y/N raised her brows. To her, it sounds like Reiner's not talking about the titans.

"Sorry, but lunch is on hold until you finish your mission!!" Nanaba said which surprised Sasha. "All right, get going! You won't be able to sit around like idiots anymore if you end up dead!" Nanaba said and pushed off Sasha who froze on her place.

The 104th got moving. Y/N was about to go but Nanaba called her. "Y/N, Come with me for a while!" Nanaba said.

Y/N nod and walked towards Nanaba. She climbed up to the table. Nanaba wrapped her right arm around Y/N and they both went out through the window using Nanaba's gear.

Nanaba and Y/N landed on a roof and there they saw Miche on look out. The two ran towards Miche.

"Miche? Where are the titans?" Y/N asked.

"Ahead of us. As fas as my nose can tell. There are nine out there." Miche said while looking at somwhere.

Y/N clenched her fist. "So we should act as if another wall has been breached? There would have been a report if Trost district or Krolva district were attacked. If the wall was breached and not a gate, then there's no telling what the extent of damage will be and even if the breach was at a gate, unless there happens to be a conveniently sized rock lying nearby, we won't be able to plug the hole, even with Eren." Y/N said.

Nanaba let out a deep sigh. "In other words, our worst-case scenario is happening right now. All that matters is wall Rose has been breached." Nanaba said. She crouched down and held her face using her left hand. "We...we failed to discover the identities of the colossal titan and the armored titan, or even to assess the enemy's combat strength. This day is the result we've lost. Humanity has lost." Nanaba said.

Y/N and Miche looked at Nanaba.
"No. Not yet." Y/N and Miche both said in unison.

"Humanity's first defeat will come only when we stop fighting. As long as we keep fighting, we haven't lost." Miche said.

Y/N nod in agreement. She looked down at her co-trainees who are getting their horses. "What we've done to the 104th id inexcusable. We doubted them and now we've thrown them into this situation completely defenseless." Miche said.

Y/N shook her head. "No. We didn't doubt the 104th for this. We're only right to be suspicious of them. I have a feeling, there's another enemy who breached the wall or whatever. Miche, Nanaba. There are still enemies in the 104th." Y/N said.