Chapter 9

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,125 words}

(Third Person Point-of-View)

The day of the expedition of the survey corps finally came. The survey corps soldiers just finished eating their breakfast and now getting ready to leave. Y/N stood in fron tof her squad to give a speech.

"Y'all." Y/N spoke. She flashed a small smile to her squad members.

"I have one rule you all have to follow. I want everyone to come back alive. I won't allow any casualties."

"We're in the rear guard. It means we will be the ones fighting more titans and protecting the others. The special operations squad will be near us but we can't depend on them, let's depend on our own. We trained hard, I believe we can all survived this. Remember that you all have a family to go back to, I'm sure that way you will avoid getting killed."

"Come back alive for your family, friends and dreams!" Y/N said.

Her squad saluted. "Yes, ma'am!"

Y/N smiled and nod her head.

Erwin, Hange, Miche and Levi watched and listend to Y/N's speech.

"Sheesh. She's like a commander." Hange said and let out a small laugh.

Miche smirked. "I can see her becoming one." Miche said.

"Tch. Erwin, I guess you're not wrong about her being a good leader." Levi said.

Erwin nod his head. "I believe in her and look how she's doing now. Even though she's just a new recruit, she was able to make the other soldiers respect her like she's a veteran already. She has the qualities." Erwin said with a small smile.

The survey corps left their SC. When they arrived at Trost district, the sides of the streets were crowded by the citizens. Y/N is on the back leadibg her squad while Hange and Levi along with their squad are in front of Y/N.

"Here they come! It's the survey corps' main force!"

"Commander Erwin! Please drive the titans away!"

"Y/N!!!"

Y/N's brows furrowed when she heard some familiar voices. She roamed her eyes around and saw Marco and Jean waving at her. Y/N smiled widely and waved back at her. She also saw Reiner, Annie, Bertholdt, Ymir and Krista. They are all waving at her.

"Hey, look! It's captain Levi, the strongest soldier alive! I hear that in battle, he's as strong as an entire brigade!" Y/N chuckled when she heard Eren's loud voice. She saw Eren, Mikasa and Armin on the other side.

Mikasa noticed Y/N, she smiled a bit and waved at her. Armin and Eren noticed her too. "Oh! Look, it's Y/N! She's leading a squad!" Armin said.

"We miss you, Y/N!" All of her friends said.

Y/N smiled at her friends.

Levi rolled his eyes. "Noisy brats." He said while side-eyeing Y/N's friends.

Hange chuckled. "Those kids and their envious looks. If only they knew what a clean freak you are, it'd burst their bubble." Hange said.

"The gate's opening! From here on, it's titan territory! We'll recapture the towm that was stolen from us five years ago!" Erwin said.

"Be careful, Y/N!" The 104th trainees said in unison. Y/N smiled and gave them one last look and waved.

The survey corps started moving out of Trost district. Y/N's grip on her horse's reigns tightened as they pass by the gate of Trost district.