"Let it go," one of them said.

In end, it was your win against Karasuno.

Once you were back to your normal self the rest of the matches were easy lemon squeezy for you.

In your free time and during brakes you and Menma would sneak into the other court where Oikawa and his team were playing and would cheer for them.

Whenever he saw you he would smirk and wave at you.

The next match was against Date Tech, the Iron wall

The next match was against Date Tech, the Iron wall. They were famous for their blocks.

Most of their team members were big and strong. Most of them wore bandages on their fingers.

All this time your team played rough but they (Date Tech) played violent, too violent even for your team.

Their blocks were super strong, the ball hardly got past them.

Your team was struggling like literally struggling.

You had never seen something like this before. They moved around so quickly.

"We have to do something, we cannot let our hard work go to waste," stated Menma.

"Hands in everyone," said Sara.

"Goooo Seijoh," all of you said at once.

It's the quarter-finals you have come so far if you don't win this now there's no going back.

The match went on for another half an hour, it was the longest you have played till now in the preliminaries.

Both the teams didn't look like they were going to give up.

Every muscle in your body was hurting, you were running short on breaths you thought you would pass out any minute now.

Both the teams used all their timeouts – you had no other option but to play.

You wandered what Oikawa might be doing right now, he must be fighting too.

But why were you thinking about him during such an important match?
Nausea was building up in your stomach, your whole body hurt.

You could picture Oikawa giving one of his iconic serves.

"Must be nice," you panted.

"-y/n!" Menma shouted.

Whatever strength you had left you ran to hit the ball. You shouted at the top of your lungs while hitting the spike, the shouting helped as a coping mechanism.

The ball went right through their blocks and onto their court.

Then. Everything went dark and the next thing you knew you were on the ground.

"Y/n..."

You could hear voices in the distance and some figures coming towards you but soon it all faded away as your eyelids became too heavy for you to keep it open.

———————

You wake up to a ceiling completely different from that of your bedroom.

The flashbacks of the matches started coming in as you sat up straight.
*head rush*

You are in the girls' restroom. Menma and your teammates are there too. They looked complicated.

Menma came up to you. "Are you feeling alright now?"

"How did the match go? Did we win?"

"Y/n," she hesitated. "We lost the match."

You couldn't believe what she said, you almost thought you had imagined those words.

"They were too powerful for us," she continued.

"I'm sorry," a tear rolled down your eye. "If only I hadn't passed out."

"-it's not your fault," she cut in. "In fact, we managed to survive that long because of you."

"That's why it's my fault. If only I hadn't passed out then we could have won. It's all because of me. If only I had my head in the game," it all blurted out from your mouth before you knew it.
Your eyes pricked, you didn't realise you were crying.

Menma patted your shoulder before getting back up, "it's not your fault."

————

You didn't meet Oikawa that day.
At least someone made it through the quarters.

The bus was silent as the grave. Everybody kept to themselves. Yua and Megumi were still crying.

Menma was quiet, her face didn't show any emotions but you all knew.

You looked out the window, your hands clenched in tight fists as you tried to hold back the tears.

"Don't you forget about me...." Hina had her earphones on. ".... I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby..."

Everybody looked at her.

"-quit it Hina!" shouted Megumi.

She wasn't listening she kept on humming.

When Momo turned on her seat to look at her, she stopped- and took out her headphones.

"Huh?"

"What do you mean 'huh'? Quit singing!" snorted Megumi.

"Why what will happen if I sing?"

"Are you serious?" Yua asked.

"-it's not like we are going to win the match again if we cried." She confessed. "It just means we have to work even harder now. Learn to find good in everything, we lost this match, that doesn't mean we are going to lose another one if we worked hard."

"So how is singing helping you to practice?" asked Momo.

"I'm not." She said simply. "It's just helping me to relax so that I can practice even better tomorrow."

"You are stupid," declared Sara.

"How does that make me stupid? Say smart!"

"-stupid."

"Smart!"

Everyone started laughing including you.