"It's a reminder," you said. "For grocery shopping."

"Why did you set a reminder for that?"

"Because I will forget about it, duh." You cut in. "Then I have to go home and eat some stupid frozen food again."

"You are home alone?" His face lit up.

"Yes," you said awkwardly.

"I am hardly left home alone." He cried. "You are so lucky."

"No, I am not."

"Hey how about I help you with your shopping?"

"But you have practice -"

"- after the practice of course."

------------------

It's been over an hour since school ended. I should have told him that I could manage it on my own. You stood there near the school gate trying to figure out whether to go and find him or head out yourself.

"Hey I am so sorry I'm late," he called out running towards you.

"Finally."

"Sorry sorry." He was sweating which was a proof that he was practising. "I bunked two of my afternoon classes to use it as practice."

"You didn't have to"

"It's okay," he waved his hand, "those were free periods anyway."

You both walk up to the nearest convenience store making easy conversation along the way.

"There's this awesome shop near our school that sells the best ramen. I'll take you there someday."

You smiled at him, "okay, but you are paying."

He stopped walking and pouted. "Okay, I will pay but you have to give me something in return."

You both entered the shop.

"What?"

"There's this awesome movie and I want you to watch it with me."

You stopped walking and turned to face him," Oikawa Tooru, are you asking me out?"

He laughed nervously then said softly,

"yes."

You tried your best not to blush. "Okay."

You did a little victory dance in your head.

But the one thing you didn't know was that even Oikawa was doing his victory dance in his head.

It took a lot of courage to ask you out, he was scared that you would make an excuse and refuse.

"Let's begin shopping shall we? I have to get home and make dinner."

"Leave it to me," he tapped his chest.

He took the cart from you.

Oikawa acts like he knows what he's doing and just grabs the first thing he sees.

"Umm Tooru?"

He looked tense, "yeah?" He asked nervously.

"That's a shampoo bottle and we are here to do food shopping."

You could sense he hasn't done this before.

He just wanted to spend time with you that's why he skipped his classes to practice early so that he could hang out with you.

"Here, let me handle it."

You take the cart from him.

To make light of the situation he says, "let's have a snacks party."

"I am not going to waste all my money on snacks," you said studying the box of yoghurt. "Plus it won't be a party with only one person."

"Yeah but think about it," he stood in front of the cart stopping it from moving.

You looked at him, he looked so childish.

You sighed, "Tooru.."

He looked at you with puppy eyes.

"Fine."

That day you ended up buying loads of food.
On the counter, you had a small fight with Oikawa on who's going to pay for the bill.

"It's my food I am going to pay for it."

"But the plan was mine, and I should be the one executing it."

"No my food my money," you gritted your teeth.

You both angrily stared at each other like it was a staring competition.

"How about you both dutch?" The young man on the counter asked nervously.

"Come to think about it," Oikawa tapped his chin. "That is not a bad idea," you both said at the same time.

You both walk out of the shop with a bag full of unnecessary food

"Let me hold it."

"You will be holding it when you go home. Let me hold it for now," he complained.

That day he walked you home. It was the first time that you guys spent so much time together.

"This is it." You stand in front of your house door.

It's dusk now, the sunlight falling on Oikawa made him glow. You take the bag from him while doing so your hands slightly touch. You felt a tingle inside of you when it happened. You turn to walk inside when-

"Y/n."

You turn your head towards him, "hmm?"

"You didn't give me your number. How will I contact you when we meet tomorrow."

He was just so smooth with everything he did.

You walk back to him, not leaving eye contact you take out your pen from your pocket and write it down on his hand.

He had slender fingers you couldn't help but notice it and his hands were really pretty.
Oikawa just couldn't stop blushing, he didn't think you would write the number on his palm.