Chapter 34: Feelings Show

Start from the beginning

She laughed and turns to her sides. Silly, she has it bad.

"Bree? Are you still there?" I forgot Ric's still over the line.

"Yes, Ric. I'm still here. And as for what this crazy girl has told you, you can come over." I replied and can't help the blush creeping on my cheeks.

I bit my lip to restrain the forthcoming giggles. He might mistake me for some kind of a crazy girl like my best friend.

"Thank you, Bree. See you later. I'll just call you when I arrived." He informed me. I could hear the joy his voice brings to my ears.

Is this really happening? I thought it could only be like this in my dreams and daydreams but this is really happening now. Oh my gosh!

We bid our goodbyes but I still linger on the phone, my smiles never wear off.

"Tsk. You got it bad, sweetie. Tsk. Tsk." Alex said while turning her head from left to right.

I ignored her and indulged on this sweet and romantic feeling. And then she kept on talking..

She snapped her fingers in front of me and that's where I came back to reality.

"Sweetie, I'm happy for you. Try to look in a mirror and you'll see a beautiful portrait." She said happily.

A real smile formed on her lips now. At last, she's back. The Alex I knew is on the right track again.

A little more push and she will be on tracks again. So, in time she'll fix the mess and live happily as before.

"Hey, I'm talking to you. You know what, I'll try to go for some shopping at a cosmetics store later.." She said and then a naughty smile appeared on her face.

"Oh. Why? You ran out of supply? Sorry, I can't accompany you today. Ric's coming over and I need to help prepare the foods for lunch. Are you going to be fine all by yourself, Alex?" I asked, worrying that she might faint at some point.

I felt sorry because I knew what she's going through right now and I just can't even accompany her. She needs me right now but all I'm doing is thinking my would-be-Christmas lunch with Ric.

She laughed heartily and clutched to her sides.

"Lol Bree! Silly you, I wasn't going anywhere." She answered between laughters.

"What? I don't get it Alexandria Olchondra! You just said awhile ago that you will go on a cosmetic shop, what was that then? Pray tell, Mrs. Olchondra." I said, emphasizing her surname.