There was not a singe presence to be found. What's more was that it seemed as if the hallway has gone longer than how it usually was. And that fact made him have the intuition that help wouldn't come, even if he yelled for it.

The eerie atmosphere and developments made him panic as he was never exposed to danger for once, other than whenever he had his brief sword trainings.

His legs could give in at any moment from the way it trembled despite his brave-looking act on the surface.

"W-Who are you?! What did you do to me?!!", he stuttered.

[ How entertaining. The ewe has been much strong-witted than the ram. ]

'Why is she suddenly talking about lambs...?', when he thought of that situationally, an unexpected statement followed like it seemed to have answered the question.

[ Weak creatures like humans such as yourself are no different from lambs, much less in the Goddess' eyes. ]

While processing the meaning to be discovered from the unknown voice's sentence, Jeremiah gradually got to calm himself down as he temporarily decided to keep his guard up, being aware of how it was yet to be determined whether the opponent was truly someone that would bring harm to him or not.

"Seeing that you can hear my thoughts, why don't you directly answer the questions in my mind?"

[ Good point. It's not like I can keep you trapped in this space forever. ]

The voice has spoken, however not completely. Still, it was a matter of truth that it pointed out the most important things that Jeremiah had to know at the time, for the least;

-That it wasn't the Goddess that their temple worshiped, in the flesh, but a greater vessel amongst all of the creation in this world, in charge of delivering the Goddess' divine messages; That it was to be addressed as 'Arnina' through his lips from here and then...

And that he was chosen as what they, humans of the De Clementes, referred to as 'receivers', which was the role that his elder sister supposedly had taken on for a long time.

The young male was about to question why the Goddess bore such decisions during his talk with the greater vessel, Arnina. But before he could even ask, the communication between themselves has been cut off, as though it was done on purpose.

Being transported back into the real world, he began to have doubts toward the many, different factors around himself, including the same Evangeline that he frequently adored around the sidelines.

First of all, he was relieved that it wasn't highly possible that his sister feigned to be a legitimate 'receiver' all this time, considering that the prophesies she spoke of have been spot on so far. He was sure that there wasn't anything to be suspected on that area.

So then, why has he been chosen?

The same question continuously bothered the youthful Jeremiah, hoping that all of it was but a hallucination. However, the fact that the voice reached his ears once more the next morning made things very clear, allowing him to thoroughly give in to reality.

Multiple theories could be drawn out from the issue. And amongst all of what he could speculate despite the lack of clues, he couldn't accept the potential danger that could arrive to his sister if ever he was destined to be her replacement after a certain event, foreseen by the Goddess they revere with utmost trust.

At any rate, he couldn't fathom the thoughts of those from the above. Thus, with things left in uncertainty, he decided to hide this matter from anyone other than himself, supposing that it was the best course of action to take.

More than anything else, he didn't wish for sparks of conflict to sprout between him and his elder sister, after all.

Soon enough or in a blink of an eye, two years have passed at the glorious Empire of Asquith.

The time has come for Evangeline Cia de Clemente to inherit her respective title and receive complete dominance toward her role.

The fact that her younger brother could smirk with suppressed, extreme joy for the sake of this occasion proved how he managed to successfully hide his secret from his surroundings, throughout those years.

His sister's appearance that day lived up to his assumptions, to have made him wear such a reaction since the beginning of the ceremony. He was all so proud with the inner desire of bragging about everything he could gush right there, even if it would turn out into something that would embarrass their name.

[ I believe, the way you're acting right now exactly suits the term, 'degenerate'. ]

'I'd be delighted to become even the lowest being, if it's for my sister.', he thought as a response to the greater one's insult, flexing his insanity without much concern, behind the face he wore on the outside.

He paid no heed to his conversation partner's silence toward his reply, and focused his attention toward the woman with the same hair color as his as she briefly climbed the stairs to do the final step to be done by the altar.

The maiden then stood from above with her body facing the audience down the stairs, and said;

"Glory be upon the great temple of De Clemente."

In the eyes of the others who have witnessed that moment, Evangeline might've looked so dignified and firm, expressing the befitting features of someone who would become the Head Priestess starting from that very moment. But for some reason, Jeremiah saw things different at the time.

That's right. At the end of the ceremony...

-His sister's demeanor seemed rather dispirited than delighted.